News Stories Tagged colombia
Come for the beautiful architecture and stay for the vibrant local culture. Here are five reasons to make Cartagena your next vacation spot.
Cartagena's colorful past equals a vibrant present for travelers to explore. Think ocean-fresh ceviche and a growing wine scene to buzzing local arts and a ton of direct flights from the states.
It draws you in with the allure of beaches, thrilling adventures, and idyllic wine regions, but South America has just as much to offer in the way of great cuisine. Here are three ways to discover it all.
We all know that the Carnival King is Rio, but there are ample opportunities to let your hair down at these Carnivals around the world. These are our six picks for where to spend Carnival this year.
Few Caribbean cities can match the history, vivaciousness, and cultural and culinary offerings of Cartagena. Discover this beachy city's highlights from hilltop castles to the day's freshest catch.
Colombia has been busy rebuilding since Pablo Escobar's death in '93. With fantastic cultural attractions, buzzing nightlife, and beautiful scenery, we say there's no time like the present for a visit.
Craft beers are a trend the world over, and South America is jumping on the bandwagon. Moving beyond its award-winning wines, locals and visitors to the region are enjoying local brews.
South America may be feeling cooler temps this time of year, but new properties are popping up across the region, from flashy modern digs to serene escapes.
Colombia is one of our emerging hotspots for 2012, so we were excited to learn that LAN Colombia just started offering four flights a week between Miami International Airport and Bogota, Colombia.
Cartagena has been a popular Caribbean cruise port for years, but it's truly become a destination in its own right—and a perfect place to get a taste of Colombia all in one stop.
This summer, Colombia is the guest of honor at the Smithsonian Folklife Festival on the National Mall. Whether you are planning a jaunt to South America or just south of the White House, we've got some of Colombia's cultural highlights and what you need to know about visiting the festival—or the country.
As you tour the city, don’t be carefree about strolling around, even during the day, or about lingering in places at night. It’s simply not safe to do so.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 10 Things NOT to Do in Chicago
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 7 Under-The-Radar All-Inclusive Resorts
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Best Luxury Hotels to Visit in the Off-Season
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- $1381* & up -- Fly to Australia from West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand
- $94-$151 -- Chicago: 4-Star Michigan Avenue Hotel, 55% OffThe Westin Michigan Avenue
- $749 & up -- Cancun: All-Incl. Beachfront Escape w/ExtrasApple Vacations
- $189 & up -- NYC: 4-Star Times Square Hotel, 65% OffBookIt.com
- $1399 & up -- 7-Nt. Jamaica All-Incl. Vacation w/AirApple Vacations
- $69* & up -- Nationwide Fares on Award-Winning Airline, O/WVirgin America