News Stories Tagged cities
Riding a bike is, of course, one of the great ways to explore a new destination, a preferable alternative to riding around in cars or hopping on a subway.
When it comes to outdoor drinking, can anything possibly beat a view from the top?
In cities around the globe, abandoned and derelict areas have been rebooted with new developments that turn historic buildings into hip destinations.
Mix surf and sand with big-city sightseeing in these 10 beachfront metropolises around the world.
Sparkling bays, bustling ports, and quaint quays can be found in the world's best waterfront cities.
Europe's second cities are by no means second best. Plan a trip to these 15 lesser-known cities, which offer a culture and history all their own.
Set your sights on world-class art collections right here in the U.S. With their rich histories, monumental architecture, and incredible collections, here are 20 picks for must-see American art museums.
Some of Europe's most rewarding destinations are set well off-the-beaten path. It's well worth the effort to get to any of our 15 picks for the best undiscovered European destinations.
Discover 20 of the world’s most stunning libraries, from a UNESCO World Heritage Site in the mountains of South Korea to the modern incarnation of Ancient Alexandria's legendary library.
Spring in Europe is guaranteed to dazzle and delight your senses, whether you’re looking to take off to an exclusive enclave, the newest hot spot, or a trendy metropolis for shopping and time on the beach.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Exchanging Your Money Abroad: 10 Simple Tips
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Italy: What to Skip, and Where to Go Instead
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 10 Budget-Friendly Getaways for Spring 2015
- 6 Must-Have French Beauty Products
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Top 10 Places to Go for Spring 2015
- $1182 & up -- Ireland Spring Vacations, up to $300 OffTourism Ireland
- $687-$829* -- London Family & Friends Summer Fares, Each WayVirgin Atlantic
- $972* & up -- Flights to Galapagos from the U.S. (R/T)LAN
- $899 & up -- Hawaii: Weeklong Cruise to 4 Islands w/ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $105 -- D.C.: Suite at Georgetown Hotel w/Parking, 50% OffGeorgetown Suites
- $159 -- Philadelphia: Old City Hotel thru Summer, Save 35%Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District