News Stories Tagged china
With 3,896 rooms, three pools, and a hotel staff that can speak 19 languages combined, the Sheraton Macao became the largest hotel to open worldwide this year. And they're not even done yet.
We love a stint of adventurous eating as much as the next guy—particularly in Southeast Asia. And who better to coach us in all things street food than the owner of Pok Pok, Andy RIcker?
North America may be slow on the bike sharing uptake, but the rest of the world has already fallen for its charm and convenience. Here, a roundup of many cities where bike sharing is well under way.
Shanghai has an incredibly rich and diverse history that, despite its very 21st-century skyline, is still alive and well...if you know where to look. Author Kim Fay tells us where we can find old Shanghai.
Think you're the ultimate budget traveler? Prove it—become a finalist in CheapOair.com's Traveler of the Year contest and you'll spend a month in China or India with a friend. But there's a twist.
You may not know the Xuhui District now, but its about to get the world's largest IMAX screen. DreamWorks will build not only production facilities, but a "Dream Center" in the district's Riverside area.
The Four Seasons is expanding their luxurious reach with three new properties in Asia. They'll have the brand's signature swanky restaurants, gorgeous views, and relaxing spas with plenty of local touches.
Rosewood Hotels has announced their multi-year, multi-property expansion into Asia, beginning with Rosewood Beijing, which is set to open in the summer of 2013.
Vacations do the body (and soul) good, and none more so than volunteer trips. They are among the best ways to really see, and connect with, the world. So we rounded up a few choice trips to get you started.
If you’re looking to set out on an upper-crust cruise vacation, but don’t quite have the high society bankroll to fund it, you’re in luck. Two luxury small-ship cruise lines have recently launched promotions that reduce rates on sailings to the Caribbean, Mediterranean, China, Egypt, and beyond, by 25 to 40 percent. Just hurry—the best berths are sure to book up fast, and one of these deals expires as soon as Wednesday, February 29.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- $110 & up -- Punta Cana: 4-Star All-Incl. Resort w/Free GolfBookIt.com
- $179 & up -- 3-Day Winter Cruise to the Bahamas on CarnivalCarnival Cruise Line
- $169-$199 -- Aspen, CO: 4-Star Resort in Spring, 60% OffWestin Snowmass Resort
- $629 & up -- Riviera Maya Beachside Riu Vacation w/AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $80 & up -- Weekends at Atlanta Hotel incl. Parking, 50% OffSheraton Atlanta Perimeter North Hotel
- $1479 & up -- Ixtapa All-Incl. 7-Nt. Trip w/Air & TransfersApple Vacations