News Stories Tagged china
Shanghai has an incredibly rich and diverse history that, despite its very 21st-century skyline, is still alive and well...if you know where to look. Author Kim Fay tells us where we can find old Shanghai.
Think you're the ultimate budget traveler? Prove it—become a finalist in CheapOair.com's Traveler of the Year contest and you'll spend a month in China or India with a friend. But there's a twist.
You may not know the Xuhui District now, but its about to get the world's largest IMAX screen. DreamWorks will build not only production facilities, but a "Dream Center" in the district's Riverside area.
The Four Seasons is expanding their luxurious reach with three new properties in Asia. They'll have the brand's signature swanky restaurants, gorgeous views, and relaxing spas with plenty of local touches.
Rosewood Hotels has announced their multi-year, multi-property expansion into Asia, beginning with Rosewood Beijing, which is set to open in the summer of 2013.
Vacations do the body (and soul) good, and none more so than volunteer trips. They are among the best ways to really see, and connect with, the world. So we rounded up a few choice trips to get you started.
If you’re looking to set out on an upper-crust cruise vacation, but don’t quite have the high society bankroll to fund it, you’re in luck. Two luxury small-ship cruise lines have recently launched promotions that reduce rates on sailings to the Caribbean, Mediterranean, China, Egypt, and beyond, by 25 to 40 percent. Just hurry—the best berths are sure to book up fast, and one of these deals expires as soon as Wednesday, February 29.
With mid-cruise voyages to distant landlocked spots as well as uncommon ports of call closer to home, here are some top choices for the most unique cruising itineraries of 2012.
America is about to see a boost in tourism from China and Brazil, following President Obama's announcement yesterday that streamlining the visa process will make it easier for travelers from those countries to come to the U.S.
Electric carts buzz around the park; hop on one heading to Changchunyuan if you feel tired. Tickets are Y5.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- Top 10 Fall Trips for Food Lovers
- 10 Best Casino Restaurants in the World
- 11 Must-See Ch?teaux Outside Paris
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- World's Best Golf Resorts
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- Long Weekend in Palenque, Mexico
- Top 5 New York City Activities for Teens
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1774* & up -- Premium Economy Fares to Paris (Roundtrip)Air France
- $399 & up -- Puerto Rico: 4-Star Escape w/$100 Credit & AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $149-$249 -- Downtown Seattle 4-Star Hotel, 40% OffThe Westin Seattle
- $199 -- Austin: Arboretum-area Hotel, Save 20%Renaissance Austin Hotel
- $89-$95 -- Destin Hotel w/Breakfast & Parking, Reg. $166BookIt.com
- $211 & up -- Boston: 4-Star Back Bay Hotel, 50% OffThe Westin Copley Place, Boston