News Stories Tagged china
The largest city proper in the world, Shanghai offers up world-class sightseeing and dining in a city that embodies the crossroads of East and West.
For travelers looking to venture away from the tourist hot spots, check out these Asian cities that promise authentic experiences away from the throngs.
Located an hour north of Shanghai, this verdant city is a hub for food and culture that should be on your next China itinerary.
From a tasting tour of China's regional cuisines to a cooking class in the foothills of Morocco's Atlas Mountains, these 10 food-focused experiences are among the tastiest in the world.
The most populous city in China is booming, and brimming with exciting quarters to explore. Once you're ready to set off to Shanghai, in style, here's what to pack.
Welcome to your sixth mission as an international traveler of mystery: Beijing. Your mission? Mixing the city's rich history with its contemporary culture with expert precision.
Behind Hong Kong's towering skyline skyscrapers is a world of unique, diverse downtown enclaves, from the bohemian to the sports-obsessed. Here are 5 off-the-beaten-track Hong Kong attractions.
The new building, which could hold 20 Sydney Opera Houses, is a monument to materialism, with cinemas, malls, hotels, offices, a mock Mediterranean village, and a waterpark all housed inside.
The Chinese government claims the new airport in the sacred Yading mountains will drive prosperity and tourism in the area, but the plans have been met with opposition from other parties.
Racing between Shanghai and Beijing, China's bullet train is an awesome way to avoid domestic Chinese airlines and travel the country in style. Here's the good, bad, and most helpful tips.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now | Fodor's
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- $99 & up -- Sonoma County Hotel Sale, up to 50% OffSonoma County Tourism
- $8.55 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com
- $779 & up -- Riviera Maya All-Incl. Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $999 & up -- Weeklong Cozumel All-Incl. Vacation incl. AirApple Vacations
- $139-$159 -- 4-Star San Diego Hotel incl. Holidays, 50% OffThe Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
- $769 & up -- Punta Cana: All-Incl. Family Trip w/WaterparkApple Vacations