News Stories Tagged china
Aside from its dazzling skyline, Hong Kong is also home to 260 islands, gorgeous hiking paths, and some of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
The largest city proper in the world, Shanghai offers up world-class sightseeing and dining in a city that embodies the crossroads of East and West.
For travelers looking to venture away from the tourist hot spots, check out these Asian cities that promise authentic experiences away from the throngs.
Located an hour north of Shanghai, this verdant city is a hub for food and culture that should be on your next China itinerary.
From a tasting tour of China's regional cuisines to a cooking class in the foothills of Morocco's Atlas Mountains, these 10 food-focused experiences are among the tastiest in the world.
The most populous city in China is booming, and brimming with exciting quarters to explore. Once you're ready to set off to Shanghai, in style, here's what to pack.
Welcome to your sixth mission as an international traveler of mystery: Beijing. Your mission? Mixing the city's rich history with its contemporary culture with expert precision.
Behind Hong Kong's towering skyline skyscrapers is a world of unique, diverse downtown enclaves, from the bohemian to the sports-obsessed. Here are 5 off-the-beaten-track Hong Kong attractions.
The new building, which could hold 20 Sydney Opera Houses, is a monument to materialism, with cinemas, malls, hotels, offices, a mock Mediterranean village, and a waterpark all housed inside.
The Chinese government claims the new airport in the sacred Yading mountains will drive prosperity and tourism in the area, but the plans have been met with opposition from other parties.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Top 20 Free Things to Do in NYC
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- $110 & up -- Punta Cana: 4-Star All-Incl. Resort w/Free GolfBookIt.com
- $188-$229 -- 4-Star Downtown Indianapolis Hotel, 35% OffThe Westin Indianapolis
- $679 -- 7-Night Mediterranean Cruise w/CreditPriceline Cruises
- $135-$189 -- Cleveland: New 4-Star Hotel Downtown, 40% OffThe Westin Cleveland Downtown
- $196 & up -- 4-Star All-Incl. Aruba Resort w/Flight CreditBookIt.com
- $119-$139 -- Hilton Head 4-Star Beachfront Resort, 30% OffHilton Head Marriott Resort & Spa