News Stories Tagged china
The most populous city in China is booming, and brimming with exciting quarters to explore. Once you're ready to set off to Shanghai, in style, here's what to pack.
Welcome to your sixth mission as an international traveler of mystery: Beijing. Your mission? Mixing the city's rich history with its contemporary culture with expert precision.
Behind Hong Kong's towering skyline skyscrapers is a world of unique, diverse downtown enclaves, from the bohemian to the sports-obsessed. Here are 5 off-the-beaten-track Hong Kong attractions.
The new building, which could hold 20 Sydney Opera Houses, is a monument to materialism, with cinemas, malls, hotels, offices, a mock Mediterranean village, and a waterpark all housed inside.
The Chinese government claims the new airport in the sacred Yading mountains will drive prosperity and tourism in the area, but the plans have been met with opposition from other parties.
Racing between Shanghai and Beijing, China's bullet train is an awesome way to avoid domestic Chinese airlines and travel the country in style. Here's the good, bad, and most helpful tips.
Six eateries that range from fine dining to afternoon tea, a sleek spa complete with crystal steam room, and plush modern rooms, the new Mandarin Oriental is an escape in bustling Shanghai.
Hong Kong is one of Asia's most exciting cities. But after a few days of crowds and hustle-bustle, you may need a break. These 5 day trips offer a slower pace not far from the city center.
Some spectacular new sites earned coveted spots on the UNESCO World Heritage Sites list last week, representing the best of what the world has to offer in natural and cultural beauty.
Mainland China's first W Hotel opens at the end of March, in "flower city" Guangzhou. It promises to bring a mix of charm and modern cool with an indoor pool, five eateries, and all-white rooms.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina, Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- 15 Most Breathtaking World Heritage Sites
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $109* -- Las Vegas to Portland this Spring, One WayAlaska Airlines
- $259 & up -- Boston 4-Star Hotel near Newbury St., 45% OffSheraton Boston
- $163* -- Anchorage to Los Angeles this Spring, One WayAlaska Airlines
- $279 & up -- Caribbean Cruises w/Upgrades & Onboard CreditNorwegian Cruise Line
- $69* -- Portland to San Jose this Spring, One WayAlaska Airlines
- $109 & up -- San Diego Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago