News Stories Tagged chile
Choosing a destination for your honeymoon can prove nearly as challenging a task as finding "the one." Read on for five fall honeymoon destinations that promise to start your happily-ever-after off right.
Three years after a devastating earthquake, Chile's Central Valley is flourishing again. Just 50 miles outside of Santiago, visitors find spruced up wineries, fantastic cuisine, and stunning scenery.
This might just be South America's most underrated destination. An aging port town, Valparaiso has seen a boom of late with chic boutique hotels, eateries, and more that only add to its historic charm.
Whether as an ending to a South American tour or as a trip of solely outdoor adventures, Patagonia calls to travelers for its stunning natural beauty. Consider this your jumping off point.
The Atacama desert in Chile is the driest place on Earth. And its surreal and dramatic landscape is now host to a handful of properties that offer a mix of luxury stays with a healthy dose of adventure.
Wine and beer treatments might be old hat in Europe, but from Chicago to Chile, New World spas are discovering the beauty of a spirits-inspired spa day.
The start of a new year is a time for reflection and resolutions. We don't know about you, but we like making promises we can keep by criss-crossing the globe! Here are our resolutions...in vacation form.
Who better to point us in the direction of our new favorite ski destination than Olympic, World Cup, and National Alpine Champion skier Kaylin Richardson? She's skied virtually everywhere and has narrowed down her favorite slopes just for us.
Craft beers are a trend the world over, and South America is jumping on the bandwagon. Moving beyond its award-winning wines, locals and visitors to the region are enjoying local brews.
Thinking of a trip to South America this winter? Why not their winter? Their cooler months (our summer months) are a great time to go for lower rates and seasonal activities with fewer tourists.
South America may be feeling cooler temps this time of year, but new properties are popping up across the region, from flashy modern digs to serene escapes.
Patagonia woos adventurous travelers with stunning, secluded landscapes and luxe, eco-friendly hotels. The latest in the bunch is The Singular, housed in a landmark building from 1915.
Chile is full of surprises—it's more than just sheep, mountains, summer skiing, and wine. So we put together a starter kit of sorts to help you put build the best itinerary.
Just two months ago, a wildfire swept through the renowned Torres del Paine National Park, temporarily closing parts of the park and the iconic Hotel Salto Chico. While the park re-opened in early January, the luxury lodge will re-open its doors on February 23, just in time for the tail-end of the popular summer season in stunning southern Chile.
In Chile’s Puerto Williams, the southernmost permanent settlement in the world, a small Swiss freighter permanently moored at the dock and listing slightly to port is home to the rustic Club de Yates Micalvi. Sailors stop here for good company, strong spirits, and hearty food as they travel between the Atlantic and Pacific around Cape Horn. Stop by and mingle with whoever is there at the time. You might meet Aussies, Brits, Finns, Russians, Swedes, or even the occasional North American.
Squeezed between the Andes and the Pacific Ocean, Chile has beaches that draw sun-worshippers and roaring rivers for adventure travelers. Fishing aficionados head south to the Lake District, while armchair archeologists are attracted to the 5,000-year-old mummies of the Atacama. In some places the 320-km (200-mi) territorial limit is wider than the country itself, making Chile as much water as earth. Here are the best places and sights to inspire your perfect Chilean itinerary.
Females will probably greet you with a kiss on one cheek, while males will go with a fi rm handshake.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- Top 10 State Fairs in the U.S.
- How to Renew Your Passport
- Long Weekend in Lisbon
- 10 of Hemingway's Favorite Haunts
- How to Use Twitter to Rebook a Canceled Flight
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- Wine Lover's Guide to South Africa
- Car Lover's Guide to Germany
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $802* & up -- Europe Summer Fare Sale from the U.S., R/TAir France
- $105-135 -- 4-Star Phoenix-Area Resort incl. WeekendsSheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa
- $162-$167 -- New Dominican Republic Hotel incl. BreakfastSheraton Santo Domingo
- $2899 -- Australia 12-Night, 3-City Vacation w/Air & ToursGoway Travel
- $2345* & up -- Fly to Australia in Premium Economy, R/TAir New Zealand
- $73 & up -- Nationwide Virgin America Sale into October, O/WVirgin America