News Stories Tagged children
With just more than a month left of summer, it's high time we all hit the beach. From a hidden gem in Southern California to kid-friendly tide pools in Oregon, here are our picks for the West Coast's best.
The key to traveling with kids is the prep-work. Make it fun: booking restaurant reservations and buying tickets to museum exhibits in advance will get everyone excited about the trip before you lift-off.
Not only is this writer's Mini-Me (her 11 year old daughter) a choice airport companion, she does her homework when it comes to what to see and where to eat on their frequent jaunts to Miami.
Toddlers and airplanes are rarely fast friends. But planning ahead helps, so use these fool-proof (and hard-won) tips for making sure your vacation actually is one. And when in doubt, order wine.
The general consensus on traveling with kids is that it's all headaches and delay-induced boredom. Not for this Fodor's writer. Traveling with her Mini-Me is all delicious treats and airport adventures.
Don't let the notorious headaches of traveling with kids prevent you (and them) from seeing the world. Take these tips, from family experts and bloggers, with you on your next jaunt, whether it's near or far.
It might surprise you to find just how kid-friendly the City of Light really is. But with tons to see and do outside, it's easy to navigate this chic city on the cheap with kids in tow.
It may surprise you to find just how much there is to do in DC that the whole family will love. From the Spy Museum to scouting out animals in the park, there's tons to do (and on the cheap, too.).
Beachfront outpost to Waldorf Astoria's historic Boca Raton Resort & Club, the "barefoot elegance"-branded Boca Beach Club—set in chichi Boca Raton, Florida—is making a playtime-fueled power play for the family market. A bevy of new kid-friendly amenities have rolled out this year, with their most recently announced "kite concierge" and partnership with Random House Children's Books, the latest in a steady stream of family-minded initiatives.
Vacations do the body (and soul) good, and none more so than volunteer trips. They are among the best ways to really see, and connect with, the world. So we rounded up a few choice trips to get you started.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- Where to Eat in Orlando Now
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1917 & up -- Fiji Islands, Auckland & Sydney 9-Nights w/AirTripMasters.com
- $149-$169 -- 4-Star Lake Las Vegas Resort, Save 25%Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa
- $7499 -- Luxe Cruise to Spain, Italy, Greece w/Air & DrinksRegent Seven Seas Cruises
- $170 & up -- Downtown LA Hotel incl. Weekends, 40% OffSheraton Los Angeles Downtown Hotel
- $489 & up -- 6-Nt. Bahamas & Jamaica Cruise w/OceanviewCarnival Cruise Lines
- $234 & up -- Cayman Island Travel Deals; Save up to 40%Cayman Islands Department of Tourism