News Stories Tagged children
No one would turn down a trip to Rome. Except maybe kids for whom the thought of touring ancient ruins is akin to torture. Take these insider tips on how to see the Eternal City with (happy) kids in tow.
And no, by "wild animals" we do not mean people watching on the Strip. Las Vegas' resorts are home to an array of exotic animals from sharks and dolphins to leopards and white lions.
You've found the cruise of a lifetime, but then wonder if it would be wise (fun, safe) to bring the kids along. Don't fret, take these tips and you and the fam will be cruising (happily) in no time.
Many ski resorts will try to woo you with promises of fun on the slopes for every age. But not all have chocolate chip cookies on the mountain, kid-only gondolas, and free lift tickets for young ones. These top resorts do.
What's the first thing you (should) do when the kids go back to school? Look at their vacation schedules and get to planning. Take our expert tips on how to plan for a year of great family getaways.
Dollars can start to feel like Monopoly money when planning a Walt Disney World vacation for the family. So we put together our key picks for where to save, and what's worth splurging on.
We all get restless between vacations. But traveling every weekend is not the (easy or wallet-friendly) answer, a staycation is. Have a successful staycation with kids in tow, with these essential tips.
Traveling with kids is only as fun as the back-up gadgets and games you have with you. These seven cover all manner of things from digital coloring to playing with iPad puzzles on boring flights or car rides.
With just more than a month left of summer, it's high time we all hit the beach. From a hidden gem in Southern California to kid-friendly tide pools in Oregon, here are our picks for the West Coast's best.
The key to traveling with kids is the prep-work. Make it fun: booking restaurant reservations and buying tickets to museum exhibits in advance will get everyone excited about the trip before you lift-off.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $173 -- Barbados All-Inclusive Resort w/Air Credit, 55% OffCouples Barbados
- $775 & up -- Hawaii 3-Nts. w/Air & Car; All Islands on SalePleasant Holidays
- $2639* & up -- Business Class: Europe in Summer, R/TLufthansa
- $479 & up -- Cancun All-Incl. Resort w/Air, Kids Stay FreeCheapCaribbean.com
- $2350 -- Moorea: 5 Nts. at InterContinental Resort, w/AirTahiti Legends
- $6799 -- Moorea 6-Nt. Family Escape w/Air, Kids Stay FreeTahiti Legends