News Stories Tagged chicago
New hotels are a dime a dozen in big cities like New York, Miami, Chicago, and Los Angeles. So, we’ve done some inspecting and narrowed down the list. Herewith, five of our recent favorites, many of which offer value rates, to boot.
The best time to go to the American Girl Place is on a weekday first thing in the morning.
The lobby of the Field Museum in Chicago includes the Corner Bakery.
At the Chicago Antique Market, the vibe is all about funky fashion and vintage.
When we found out that Serious Eats, our favorite foodie blog, was publishing a book on the best eats in America, we got an exclusive list of the most travel-worthy, must-try dishes in the country.
Every Saturday morning at 11, Chicago Gallery News offers complimentary gallery tours.
Travelers heading to Chicago have a hearty crop of new lodging options to consider. We're most excited about Public, plus having Virgin Hotel plan its first-ever property in the city. But there are plenty of others, too, and so here's a look at what else is on the horizon.
The Windy City will welcome the first-ever Virgin Hotel, due to open in a downtown Chicago landmark in fall, 2013.
With fall in full swing and the weather starting to chill, it's time to get your palette primed for hearty winter fare. Here are our top picks for the weeks ahead to give your stomach the workout it needs before the big Thanksgiving feast.
Sometimes it takes an intervention program to sever the smartphone tether, so here are our favorite retreats that require forfeiting your little handheld addiction and making the conscious decision to purge.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- 4 Perfect Japan Itineraries
- NYC's Best New Outdoor Watering Holes
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
- The Ultimate Packing Guide for Europe
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1363* & up -- Premium Economy to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com