News Stories Tagged catskills
For rustic accommodations, first-rate breweries, and stunning landscapes, set your sights on the Catskills for your next trip.
Fodor's editors are always traveling, and we love to share our favorite places and top finds. From kid-friendly restaurants in Paris to hike-in lodges in the Great Smoky Mountains, we've got plenty of recommendations. Read on to join our summer adventures!
Two hundred years ago, on October 12, 1810, Crown Prince Ludwig (who would later become King Ludwig I of Bavaria) married Princess Therese of Saxony-Hildburghausen. The royal festivities that followed became an annual tradition: the Munich festival now known the world over as Oktoberfest. Even if you're not Munich-bound for the festivities, you can don a dirndl or lederhosen and grab a bier at these local events instead.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Top 20 Free Things to Do in Paris
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 10 Best Caribbean All-Inclusive Resorts for 2015
- 5 Reasons to Visit El Salvador
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- $899 & up -- Maui 5-Night Beach Vacation w/AirApple Vacations
- 15% Off -- Save Now on Weekend Car RentalsCarRentals.com
- $549 -- Balcony: 5-Night Caribbean Cruise incl. DrinksCruises.com
- $1965 & up -- Australia Vacations incl. Virgin Australia AirTourism Australia
- $2999 -- Luxe 8-Night Italy, Croatia & Greece Cruise w/AirOceania Cruises
- $161 & up -- Boston: 4-Star Waterfront Hotel, 30% OffThe Westin Boston Waterfront