News Stories Tagged caribbean
From French Polynesia to Bermuda, there's no shortage of tropical islands that draw cruise ships to their shores. Here are five to consider when planning your next romantic getaway.
Several Caribbean islands are facing a mosquito-borne virus outbreak, with more than 480 cases reported in the region as of January 20th. Fortunately, there's no need to cancel your winter getaway yet.
Staying in the Caribbean during peak season doesn't have to involve a hefty price tag. These island gems feature world-class amenities, outstanding scenery, and great locations—all at an affordable cost.
This tropical wonderland is a dream for any sun-and-sea worshiper, and with direct flights available daily from New York and Miami, it's a perfectly convenient quick getaway.
This winter, consider making your escape to Martinique. With newly expanded air service, a major literary milestone, and some of the best rums in the region, this French-Caribbean island beckons.
A new small ship company, Pearl Seas Cruises, has announced its 2015 Caribbean season, with itineraries centered on St. Martin, San Juan, and the Bahamas.
It's not too late to book a festive Christmas cruise to the Caribbean! (And, not to worry: Santa and his trusty reindeer are sure to still find you wherever you may roam during the holidays.)
Nothing gives you the true flavor of the Caribbean like the local cuisine. Each island has its own national dish or favorite ingredient that inspires culinary passion, from conch fritters to flying fish.
The Caribbean has something for everyone—all-inclusives, swanky resorts—but one you may not have considered? Colonial-style plantation hotels, offering great food and gorgeous estates.
Looking for an unspoiled paradise where you can, essentially, be spoiled rotten? Pack your bags for Nevis, one of the Caribbean's final frontiers. You'll thank us from your plantation hotel.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 US Islands Where You Can Beat the Winter Blues
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- 10 Great Spots in Paris with a Literary History
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Where to Eat at This Year's SXSW Festival
- 15 Legendary Hotels Around the World
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1029* -- Fly Nonstop to Fiji from West Coast, R/T incl. TaxFiji Airways
- $86 & up -- 4-Diamond Myrtle Beach Resort incl. BreakfastNorth Beach Plantation
- $1555 & up -- London: 4-Night Getaway w/Air & ToursGreat Value Vacations
- $1039 & up -- Balcony on Bermuda Cruise w/Unlimited DrinksNorwegian Cruise Line
- $476 & up -- Fiji Travel Deals up to $2000 OffTourism Fiji
- $2499 -- Oceanview: 7-Night Luxe Alaska Cruise incl. AirOceania Cruises