News Stories Tagged caribbean
Whether you call it rum, rhum, or ron, rum is one of the most diverse spirits in the world. From island to island, the sugar cane-based liquor varies wildly. Here's a field guide to what to taste where.
The rooms at the new Soco Hotel in Barbados are like extensions of the white sand and bright blue seas. The hotel beckons with a "less is more" ethos, luxe amenities, and vibrant dining.
The "Queen of Butter" is hosting not one, but two cruise itineraries in the fairer shores of the Caribbean next year thanks to rising fan demand in the wake of her controversy.
A babymoon in the Bahamas has one order of business: you must do absolutely nothing. Your options are breakfast on the balcony, lounging by the ocean, and sunset strolls on the beach.
Even savvy travelers who have 'been there and done that' in the Caribbean probably haven't been to Bimini. A quick hop from Miami, this tiny island packs a punch with great food and thrilling adventures.
We're not knocking the piña colada, but when it comes to relaxing after a long day of...relaxing on the beach, we've found a glass of wine with a view of the Caribbean does quite nicely.
No matter what type of traveler you are, there is a Caribbean island for you. Bringing the fam? Get that snorkel gear on. Looking to escape? No one will find you here. We found your perfect itineraries.
Put down that umbrella drink. We've rounded up five totally unique activities you're missing out on in the Caribbean, from swimming with pigs to submarine tours.
After a sweeping renovation, this 30-year-old villa within St Barths' Hotel Le Village reemerges with a cool, colorful, and Pop Art-inspired look as well as plenty of swank amenities.
Do you really need five reasons to go to Turks and Caicos? Well, okay, here are five good ones from a swank new spa to weekly Sunday parties on the beach.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $549 -- 7-Night Mexican Riviera Cruise w/$100 Onboard CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $956 & up -- Aruba: 5-Nt. Vacation Packages w/AirApple Vacations
- $449 & up -- Bermuda Weeklong Cruises w/ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1479 & up -- London & Paris 6-Nt. Package w/Air & HotelsEuropeanDestinations.com
- $3599 -- Balcony: Weeklong Mediterranean Cruise w/AirfareOceania Cruises
- $2499 & up -- Tahiti & Fiji 23-Day Cruise w/Oceanview CabinCarnival Cruise Lines