News Stories Tagged car travel
Uber is an on-demand car service that uses iPhones (instead of dispatch services and hailing). And while customers seem to be benefiting, regulatory bodies in DC, NYC, and Boston are less convinced.
Whether its leaf-peeping or that last "late summer" weekend away, fall is the perfect time to pack up the car and skip town. Bring these gadgets with you to stay safe, powered up, and connected.
Over breakfast at IHOP, two new friends decided to take 3 months to hit all 50 states on the ultimate road trip. It turned into the interactive, photo-focused, and super-cool project Going Nowhere.
This summer saw a bigger spike in road trips than in air travel. So, how did your road trip stack up? Which state is most expensive for a road tripper? And who spends the most on fast food?
No matter which way the road takes you, this country is filled with quirky, historic, and hilarious roadside stops. From circus museums to a giant T-Rex watching you golf, here are some of our favorites.
Getting lost, unveiling guilty musical leanings, and eating at Subway too many times—ah, hitting the open road. Here are five survival tips for that first (or fifth) romantic road trip.
Beyond Cape Town, Kruger, and Franschhoek lies the Garden Route. Lush landscapes, gorgeous animals, and lazy sundowners await you on this once-in-a-lifetime road trip in South Africa.
Who doesn't dream of hitting the Italian countryside with effortlessly chic clothes and a reservation at Villa D'Este? Well, you're in luck, because we've got the perfect itinerary and a packing list to match.
Don't let the notorious headaches of traveling with kids prevent you (and them) from seeing the world. Take these tips, from family experts and bloggers, with you on your next jaunt, whether it's near or far.
As the open road calls, what gear do you answer with? We've paved the way, with seven gadgets to help make your road trip more about the world outside and less about what's going on inside the car.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- New All-Inclusive Resort Azul Sensatori Jamaica Opens in Negril
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- $849 -- Balcony: 7 Nights on World's Largest Ship w/TipsCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $644 -- Oceanview: 7-Nt. Winter Caribbean Cruise on PrincessCruise.com
- $138 & up -- San Francisco: 4-Star Hotel Holiday DealsSan Francisco Travel
- $7.48 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com
- $1299 & up -- Ireland Tour: Dublin, Killarney & LimerickTourism Ireland
- $5499 -- 7-Night Luxury All-Incl. Mediterranean Cruise w/AirRegent Seven Seas Cruises