News Stories Tagged car travel
Uber is an on-demand car service that uses iPhones (instead of dispatch services and hailing). And while customers seem to be benefiting, regulatory bodies in DC, NYC, and Boston are less convinced.
Whether its leaf-peeping or that last "late summer" weekend away, fall is the perfect time to pack up the car and skip town. Bring these gadgets with you to stay safe, powered up, and connected.
Over breakfast at IHOP, two new friends decided to take 3 months to hit all 50 states on the ultimate road trip. It turned into the interactive, photo-focused, and super-cool project Going Nowhere.
This summer saw a bigger spike in road trips than in air travel. So, how did your road trip stack up? Which state is most expensive for a road tripper? And who spends the most on fast food?
No matter which way the road takes you, this country is filled with quirky, historic, and hilarious roadside stops. From circus museums to a giant T-Rex watching you golf, here are some of our favorites.
Getting lost, unveiling guilty musical leanings, and eating at Subway too many times—ah, hitting the open road. Here are five survival tips for that first (or fifth) romantic road trip.
Beyond Cape Town, Kruger, and Franschhoek lies the Garden Route. Lush landscapes, gorgeous animals, and lazy sundowners await you on this once-in-a-lifetime road trip in South Africa.
Who doesn't dream of hitting the Italian countryside with effortlessly chic clothes and a reservation at Villa D'Este? Well, you're in luck, because we've got the perfect itinerary and a packing list to match.
Don't let the notorious headaches of traveling with kids prevent you (and them) from seeing the world. Take these tips, from family experts and bloggers, with you on your next jaunt, whether it's near or far.
As the open road calls, what gear do you answer with? We've paved the way, with seven gadgets to help make your road trip more about the world outside and less about what's going on inside the car.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- Where to Eat in Orlando Now
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1299 -- Ireland in Fall: 4-City Trip w/Castle Stay & AirGreat Value Vacations
- $1917 & up -- Fiji Islands, Auckland & Sydney 9-Nights w/AirTripMasters.com
- $765 & up -- Big Island 3-Night Vacations w/Air & Car RentalPleasant Holidays
- $239 & up -- 4-Nt. Bahamas Cruise w/LeAnn Rimes ConcertCarnival Cruise Lines
- $209 -- Maui: 4-Diamond Beachfront Resort, Kids Stay FreeBookIt.com
- $1446* & up -- Fly to Australia from the West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand