News Stories Tagged car rental
New Zealand's famously gorgeous countryside might just be best experienced by mini RV. Holiday like a Kiwi when you rent a set of wheels for a trip through the rolling hills.
Parking at the airport is a huge pain, and at this point your friends are sick of dropping you off. Cue FlightCar, a new service that rents out your car while you're gone.
Itching for that one last pre-winter getaway? Whip out those loyalty cards and frequent traveler programs, because with "shoulder season" upon us, the deals abound.
Beyond Cape Town, Kruger, and Franschhoek lies the Garden Route. Lush landscapes, gorgeous animals, and lazy sundowners await you on this once-in-a-lifetime road trip in South Africa.
Several Caribbean islands require a temporary local driving permit for car rental. Anguilla, Antigua, Barbados, the BVI, Cayman Islands, Dominca, Grenada, St. Kitts, St. Lucia and St. Vincent, and the Grenadines require you to present your valid driver's license and pay a small fee to obtain a local driving permit.
The island’s notoriously narrow, twisting roads have a particularly high accident rate, and drinking-and-driving is a problem. Don't be scared, just be aware.
To help you save, we've created a list of six steps you can take to make sure you drive away with the best deal, whether you're booking over the phone, on the Web, or in person.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- Where to Eat in Orlando Now
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $739-$789 -- Balcony on World's Largest Ships, Save $350CruCon Cruise Outlet
- $129 & up -- Orlando: 4-Star Resort Inside Disney, Reg. $339BookIt.com
- $575 & up -- 3-Night Kauai Getaway incl. Air, Car RentalPleasant Holidays
- $270 & up -- Boston Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $739 & up -- 6-Nt. Vallarta Vacation on Private Beach w/AirApple Vacations
- $1205 & up -- Big Island & Maui 6-Nt. Package w/Air & HotelsTripMasters.com