News Stories Tagged cape town
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native South Africa.
South Africa's star city has personality and an overabundance of style. Check out our favorite picks and book your trip now while Cape Town's summer is still hot.
This sunny South African city is a pleasant destination nearly any time of year. Here are some tips on what to bring so you can enjoy the city's many splendors.
To say there's plenty to do, see, eat, and drink in Cape Town would be an understatement. But unfortunately (or fortunately), the city is surrounded by equally worthy pursuits.
There's no better place than South Africa to witness the sea's most awesome creatures in action, and its top-notch restaurants, hotels, and culture round out the experience.
Surrounded by world-renowned wine estates, farmland, and miles of rich coastline, Cape Town is one of Africa's foremost food destinations. We did the research for you and picked the cream of the crop.
From its food to its vibrant nightlife, Cape Town's eclectic mingling of cultures and history make for an endlessly interesting array of things to do and see—from penguin-watching to wine tasting and everything in between. Our insider's guide helps you narrow down the choices.
When Hollywood came calling, these 10 hotels were ready for their close-ups. So unless you're bosom buddies with Meryl, these hotels are the closest you'll get to big screen stars.
Brooklyn's hot right now, particularly if you're in the Western hemisphere. But South Africa has its own answer to the hip vibes and cool spots—Cape Town's Woodstock neighborhood.
Whether its heights, speed, wild animals, or something else, we've all got a fear that needs conquering. So why not do it on vacation? These are our top trips for feeling (nearly) invincible.
It's summer in South Africa's city by the sea. Cape Town's new openings and innovative offerings rival those of the most cutting-edge Northern Hemisphere cities—but at a relative discount. Here’s the inside scoop on Cape Town’s buzziest boutique hotels, hottest restaurants, and most happening art shows this season.
It's not hard to get swept up in the frenzy that is the Discovery Channel’s annual Shark Week. If watching the great white sharks on TV doesn’t soothe your curiosity, then head to Gansbaai, South Africa May through August (a.k.a Prime Great White viewing season).
Inspired by the setting of the exciting World Cup? Even if it's too late to watch the final match in person, there are many exciting adventures to be had in South Africa long after the vuvuzelas quiet down. From coastal Cape Town to the wilds of Kruger Park, here are some other classic experiences to inspire your trip.
Whether you're traveling to Cape Town for the World Cup, or are inspired to go from the mesmerizing views of nearby Table Mountain you're sure to see, here's how to maximize your trip.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- Fall 2014 Guide to Washington, D.C.
- $60 & up -- Myrtle Beach Fall Deals, Save up to 20%Visit Myrtle Beach
- $1619 -- Turkey & Greece 12-Nt. Cruise w/Tips & All DrinksCelebrity Cruises
- $60 & up -- South Myrtle Beach Oceanview RoomSurfside Beach Resort
- $928* & up -- Fly to Brazil from the U.S. (Roundtrip)TAM Airlines
- $400 Off -- Fly to Australia on 'World's Best Airline' (R/T)Cathay Pacific
- $8.55 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com