News Stories Tagged cape town
It's summer in South Africa's city by the sea. Cape Town's new openings and innovative offerings rival those of the most cutting-edge Northern Hemisphere cities—but at a relative discount. Here’s the inside scoop on Cape Town’s buzziest boutique hotels, hottest restaurants, and most happening art shows this season.
It's not hard to get swept up in the frenzy that is the Discovery Channel’s annual Shark Week. If watching the great white sharks on TV doesn’t soothe your curiosity, then head to Gansbaai, South Africa May through August (a.k.a Prime Great White viewing season).
Inspired by the setting of the exciting World Cup? Even if it's too late to watch the final match in person, there are many exciting adventures to be had in South Africa long after the vuvuzelas quiet down. From coastal Cape Town to the wilds of Kruger Park, here are some other classic experiences to inspire your trip.
Whether you're traveling to Cape Town for the World Cup, or are inspired to go from the mesmerizing views of nearby Table Mountain you're sure to see, here's how to maximize your trip.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- Top 20 Free Things to Do in NYC
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- $69* & up -- Nationwide Fares on Award-Winning Airline, O/WVirgin America
- $1199 -- NZ: South Island Wine & Wildlife Trip w/CarTravelscene
- $135 -- Seattle 4-Diamond Hotel incl. Valentine's DayThe Westin Seattle
- $309 & up -- Fort Myers Resort near Sanibel Island, 25% OffSanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa
- $739 & up -- 7-Night Alaska Cruise incl. Glacier BayCarnival Cruise Line
- $869 & up -- Puerto Vallarta Beach Trip w/Air, Kids Eat FreeCheapCaribbean.com