News Stories Tagged canada
A trip to Whistler means so much more than just skiing or boarding (though there are prime peaks to explore)—think a swank apres scene, great food and wine, and a luxe spa experience.
The promise of chilly temps tends to send us all indoors. But we think it's time to embrace the snow with trips to these wintry wonderlands—think hot springs, snow tubing, and ice hotels.
It used to be that camping was just tents, s'mores, and the great outdoors. Now, there are tons of plush glamping destinations around the world, like these worthy splurges and reasonable saves.
Last week, the Four Seasons Toronto reopened after getting a major face lift. The stunning Yorkville hotel now boasts Cafe Boulud, a serious spa, and plush amenities.
The Toronto International Film Festival (or TIFF for VIPs) ended two weeks ago, but we're still reeling—snapped photos on the red carpet, did the CN Tower Walk, and lived to tell the tale.
Montreal is a great escape, made better by its proximity—you'll feel like you're in Paris without the exchange rate and long-haul flight. And one of the best ways to explore the city is on two wheels.
With summer winding down, New England and Canada's cruise season is heating up. A range of leaf-peeping and fall-focused itineraries are available from September, on luxury and value ships.
We love a luxe getaway as much as the next person. But sometimes, adventure calls. And these land-and-sea adventures, from easy to hard, are all within a stone's throw of Vancouver.
It may be small, but it packs a punch. Victoria sits on the tip of Vancouver Island with its lively harbor and mouthwatering food. And it's celebrating its 150th anniversary, making now the time to go.
With picturesque, seaside towns and tons of water activities (from surfing to whale watching and white water rafting), Nova Scotia is a perfect summer destination. Here are five reasons to head north now.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 US Islands Where You Can Beat the Winter Blues
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- 10 Great Spots in Paris with a Literary History
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- Where to Eat at This Year's SXSW Festival
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $208-- Miami: New Luxury South Beach Hotel, Reg. $449The Redbury, South Beach
- $2199 -- Luxe Tahiti 7-Night Cruise w/$300 Credit, $1200 OffWindstar Cruises
- $649 & up -- Jamaica 4-Nt. All-Incl. Luxury Escape, Half OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $529 & up -- 8-Day Alaska Cruise incl. Glacier BayCarnival Cruise Lines
- $897* -- Fly to Exotic Cook Islands from West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand
- $84 & up -- Baltimore Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago