News Stories Tagged canada
A trip to Whistler means so much more than just skiing or boarding (though there are prime peaks to explore)—think a swank apres scene, great food and wine, and a luxe spa experience.
The promise of chilly temps tends to send us all indoors. But we think it's time to embrace the snow with trips to these wintry wonderlands—think hot springs, snow tubing, and ice hotels.
It used to be that camping was just tents, s'mores, and the great outdoors. Now, there are tons of plush glamping destinations around the world, like these worthy splurges and reasonable saves.
Last week, the Four Seasons Toronto reopened after getting a major face lift. The stunning Yorkville hotel now boasts Cafe Boulud, a serious spa, and plush amenities.
The Toronto International Film Festival (or TIFF for VIPs) ended two weeks ago, but we're still reeling—snapped photos on the red carpet, did the CN Tower Walk, and lived to tell the tale.
Montreal is a great escape, made better by its proximity—you'll feel like you're in Paris without the exchange rate and long-haul flight. And one of the best ways to explore the city is on two wheels.
With summer winding down, New England and Canada's cruise season is heating up. A range of leaf-peeping and fall-focused itineraries are available from September, on luxury and value ships.
We love a luxe getaway as much as the next person. But sometimes, adventure calls. And these land-and-sea adventures, from easy to hard, are all within a stone's throw of Vancouver.
It may be small, but it packs a punch. Victoria sits on the tip of Vancouver Island with its lively harbor and mouthwatering food. And it's celebrating its 150th anniversary, making now the time to go.
With picturesque, seaside towns and tons of water activities (from surfing to whale watching and white water rafting), Nova Scotia is a perfect summer destination. Here are five reasons to head north now.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Stunning Hotels in Unexpected Places
- 10 Restaurants Worth a Day Trip in Europe
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- World's Most Luxurious Wine Country Hotels
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- Best Credit Cards for Travelers
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- 10 Most Unusual Landmarks in the U.S.
- Seafood Lover's Guide to Brittany, France
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1639 & up -- Bangkok, Singapore & Hong Kong 9 Nts. w/AirTripMasters.com
- $139* & up -- Nationwide Fare Sale on American, R/TAmerican Airlines
- $212 & up -- Boston 4-Star Hotel near Newbury St., 45% OffSheraton Boston
- $79 -- Weekends at Dallas 4-Diamond Hotel, Save 50%Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria
- $1119 & up -- Paris & Prague 6-Nt. Package w/Air & HotelsEuropeanDestinations.com
- $169 & up -- Downtown LA Hotel During Summer, 35% OffSheraton Los Angeles Downtown Hotel