News Stories Tagged canada
We all know that the Carnival King is Rio, but there are ample opportunities to let your hair down at these Carnivals around the world. These are our six picks for where to spend Carnival this year.
A trip to Whistler means so much more than just skiing or boarding (though there are prime peaks to explore)—think a swank apres scene, great food and wine, and a luxe spa experience.
The promise of chilly temps tends to send us all indoors. But we think it's time to embrace the snow with trips to these wintry wonderlands—think hot springs, snow tubing, and ice hotels.
It used to be that camping was just tents, s'mores, and the great outdoors. Now, there are tons of plush glamping destinations around the world, like these worthy splurges and reasonable saves.
Last week, the Four Seasons Toronto reopened after getting a major face lift. The stunning Yorkville hotel now boasts Cafe Boulud, a serious spa, and plush amenities.
The Toronto International Film Festival (or TIFF for VIPs) ended two weeks ago, but we're still reeling—snapped photos on the red carpet, did the CN Tower Walk, and lived to tell the tale.
Montreal is a great escape, made better by its proximity—you'll feel like you're in Paris without the exchange rate and long-haul flight. And one of the best ways to explore the city is on two wheels.
With summer winding down, New England and Canada's cruise season is heating up. A range of leaf-peeping and fall-focused itineraries are available from September, on luxury and value ships.
We love a luxe getaway as much as the next person. But sometimes, adventure calls. And these land-and-sea adventures, from easy to hard, are all within a stone's throw of Vancouver.
It may be small, but it packs a punch. Victoria sits on the tip of Vancouver Island with its lively harbor and mouthwatering food. And it's celebrating its 150th anniversary, making now the time to go.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Asia's 10 Best Second Cities
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- 15 Must-See Literary Sights in London
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- How to Get a Seat Upgrade
- What's the One Thing Fodor's Editors Never Travel Without?
- Hotel Opening: London's Ham Yard Hotel
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $105-$115 -- Costa Rica All-Inclusive Beach Hotel, Save 25%Hotel Riu Guanacaste
- $1282* & up -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $8.50 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com
- $74-$88 -- Dominican Republic: All-Incl. Resort, Save 30%ClubHotel Riu Bambu
- $689 & up -- Cancun: All-Incl. 'Dreams' Vacation w/AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $1199 -- Alaska 2015 Cruises w/Balcony, All Drinks & MoreCruCon Cruise Outlet