News Stories Tagged california
Dining on garden-fresh veggies and the catch of the day is nothing new in San Diego. But this year, we've seen a smattering of creative new eateries using the area's bounty in cool new ways.
Just in time for harvest season, many of California's wineries and tasting rooms, from Sonoma to Santa Barbara, have upped the ante on tasting experiences and pairings.
San Francisco is a food-obsessed city. Chefs are constantly pushing boundaries with new and enticing eateries. So we trekked all across town to narrow down the top 10 to try now.
Let's do a little vacation math. What does 70 degrees year-round plus 70 miles of coastline get you? Any number of reasons to visit San Diego. Here are our top five.
Healdsburg is a perfect base for exploring Sonoma, but it has world-class wineries, restaurants, and lodging of its own that will tempt you to stay in town the whole trip.
Road trips are a favorite summer pastime and there are endless drives to take in the US. But there are a few that are truly iconic, passing stunning scenes and charming towns. Here are the 4 you just can't miss.
From rock-star suites to hotels housed in storied movie studios, Southern California has a new crop of stays that cater to a star-studded lifestyle from Palm Springs to Santa Monica.
It's called "Blurred Vines." Enough said.
American wine country is having a cocktail moment. In Napa, nightlife traditionally consisted of picking up frozen yogurt on the walk home. But now, the region is in the midst of a major, boozy breakthrough.
A weekend in Sonoma shouldn't be a race from winery to winery. Instead, make your way to the ones that really do tastings well, and follow them up with stellar meals and hitting Sonoma's cutest towns.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- $118 & up -- FL Keys: 4.5-Star Waterfront Resort, 65% OffBookIt.com
- $399 & up -- Ends 10/24: Bahamas Cruises w/Onboard CreditNorwegian Cruise Line
- $179 & up -- 4-Star Ft. Lauderdale Resort & Spa, Save 50%The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale
- $53 & up -- Hotels in Mesa, Arizona up to 45% offVisit Mesa
- $137* & up -- Nationwide Flight Sale on American, R/TAmerican Airlines
- $169 & up -- Downtown Los Angeles 4-Star Hotel, $100 OffThe Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites