News Stories Tagged california
Escape the hustle and bustle with a fall weekend trip to stunning Lake Tahoe. Enjoy relaxing on beaches, hiking in the mountains, eating fantastic local food, and taking in beautiful fall colors.
Craft beers and artisanal cocktails have replaced overpriced hotel bar and Staples Center drinks in Downtown LA. Discover the best of the best with our well-curated cheat sheet.
Dining on garden-fresh veggies and the catch of the day is nothing new in San Diego. But this year, we've seen a smattering of creative new eateries using the area's bounty in cool new ways.
Just in time for harvest season, many of California's wineries and tasting rooms, from Sonoma to Santa Barbara, have upped the ante on tasting experiences and pairings.
San Francisco is a food-obsessed city. Chefs are constantly pushing boundaries with new and enticing eateries. So we trekked all across town to narrow down the top 10 to try now.
Let's do a little vacation math. What does 70 degrees year-round plus 70 miles of coastline get you? Any number of reasons to visit San Diego. Here are our top five.
Healdsburg is a perfect base for exploring Sonoma, but it has world-class wineries, restaurants, and lodging of its own that will tempt you to stay in town the whole trip.
Road trips are a favorite summer pastime and there are endless drives to take in the US. But there are a few that are truly iconic, passing stunning scenes and charming towns. Here are the 4 you just can't miss.
From rock-star suites to hotels housed in storied movie studios, Southern California has a new crop of stays that cater to a star-studded lifestyle from Palm Springs to Santa Monica.
It's called "Blurred Vines." Enough said.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Top 15 Beach Destinations for Winter Escapes
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 7 Under-The-Radar All-Inclusive Resorts
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2014: The Best Travel Deals
- 10 Places to Go This Winter
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- How to Use the Internet to Find the Best Airplane Seats
- $1995 & up -- Australia 12-Night, 4-City Land Only EscapeSpringboard Vacations
- $282 & up -- USVI: 4-Star 'Dreams' Resort w/Wi-Fi, Reg. $452BookIt.com
- $179 & up -- 4-Star Ft. Lauderdale Resort & Spa, Save 50%The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale
- $789 & up -- Oahu: Royal Hawaiian 3-Nt. Tips w/Air & CarPleasant Holidays
- $1999 -- Hawaii 15-Nt. Cruise w/Balcony, Tips & $400 CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $599 & up -- Jamaica: Riu Negril Getaway w/Air, Save $300CheapCaribbean.com