News Stories Tagged california
The start of a new year is a time for reflection and resolutions. We don't know about you, but we like making promises we can keep by criss-crossing the globe! Here are our resolutions...in vacation form.
Los Angeles' stellar food scene is not just making a splash, it is here to stay. From corner to corner of the sprawling city, restaurants are popping up all the time, but these are the choice spots to try now.
The holidays are...different in LA. There are Christmas trees to be decorated and peppermint lattes to be sipped, but in LA they come with A-listers. Here's how to celebrate a celeb-approved Christmas.
A far cry from the trailers of yore, the new terminal at Long Beach Airport offers a taste of local cuisine, upscale amenities, and all around comfort. Plus, wine stewards.
Acclaimed chef, author, winemaker, and lifestyle brand connoisseur Michael Chiarello is a Napa expert. And we got him to divulge all of his top spots (plus a secret request to make at his restaurant).
Think National Park visits come to an end when the mercury drops? Think again. These parks are fantastic winter getaways, complete with fewer crowds and unique experiences.
What exactly is Joshua Tree? Exactly. This desert land is where places like Hicksville and Pappy & Harriets can exist. Its an expansive National Park. And it begs for a day or two of your time.
We're experts on this particular patch of desert, and we keep coming back for more. So, want to know how we do the mod, Sinatra-approved desert paradise that is Palm Springs?
Think of California and its legendary coastline comes to mind. If you stop there, you're missing out—the inland empire boasts hot springs, wine tasting, and hot air balloon rides.
What could be better than a few days spent playing in the waves? Doing just that on the cheap, of course. These are our picks for chic beach getaways that are gentle on the wallet.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Where to Go This Summer
- 4 Great Places to Stay Near Yellowstone National Park
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- The Beginner's Guide to Glamping
- Bangkok 101: What (and Where) to Eat
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- Summer 2013 Guide to New York City
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3152 & up -- Italy Luxury Trip w/Air & Rail between CitiesSceptre Tours
- $92 -- Cabo: All-Inclusive Beachfront Resort, Save 50%Hotel Riu Sante Fe
- $150 & Up -- Old Montreal 4-Diamond Hotel, 40% OffLe Westin Montreal
- $2999 & up -- Sydney & New Zealand 12-Nt Escape w/ToursDown Under Answers