News Stories Tagged cairo
From the depths of the Diwan bookstore to the flavors of a basterma croissant, author Pauls Toutonghi (of Evel Knievel Days) takes us on a tour of Cairo from an insider's perspective.
Egypt has lured world wanderers for millennia with some of civilization’s grandest treasures. From the Great Pyramid of Giza to King Tutankhamun’s tomb to mystical temples dotting the Nile, the country has long held a spot on on adventurers’ bucket lists. Now, with tour prices dramatically slashed, ancient wonders decadently devoid of crowds, and the thrill of political change in the air, there may never be a better time for savvy travelers to dash to Egypt.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- Top 10 State Fairs in the U.S.
- How to Renew Your Passport
- Long Weekend in Lisbon
- 10 of Hemingway's Favorite Haunts
- How to Use Twitter to Rebook a Canceled Flight
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- Wine Lover's Guide to South Africa
- Car Lover's Guide to Germany
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $999 & up -- Hawaii: Weeklong Cruise to 4 IslandsNorwegian Cruise Line
- $419 & up -- Bahamas Escape w/Atlantis Access & Air, 45% OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $3975 & up -- Tahiti 7-Nt. Private Island Escape w/AirTahiti.com
- $285 -- Oahu: 4-Star Waikiki Beach Resort, Save $100Sheraton Waikiki
- $159-$199 -- San Diego 4-Star Waterfront Hotel, 35% OffSheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina
- $1812 & up -- 8-Nts. Rio, Iguassu Falls & Buenos Aires w/AirTripMasters.com