News Stories Tagged cairo
From the depths of the Diwan bookstore to the flavors of a basterma croissant, author Pauls Toutonghi (of Evel Knievel Days) takes us on a tour of Cairo from an insider's perspective.
Egypt has lured world wanderers for millennia with some of civilization’s grandest treasures. From the Great Pyramid of Giza to King Tutankhamun’s tomb to mystical temples dotting the Nile, the country has long held a spot on on adventurers’ bucket lists. Now, with tour prices dramatically slashed, ancient wonders decadently devoid of crowds, and the thrill of political change in the air, there may never be a better time for savvy travelers to dash to Egypt.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- Fall 2014 Guide to Washington, D.C.
- $1381* & up -- Fly to Australia from West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand
- $119-$149 -- Weekends: Houston Hotel near Galleria, 60% OffThe Westin Galleria Houston
- $928* & up -- Fly to Brazil from the U.S. (Roundtrip)TAM Airlines
- $2899 -- Hong Kong & China: 10-Night Trip on 5-Star AirlineHong Kong Tourism Board
- $999 & up -- Weeklong Cozumel All-Incl. Vacation incl. AirApple Vacations
- $89 & up -- Hotel Deals Across Arizona through WinterVisit Arizona