News Stories Tagged cairo
From the depths of the Diwan bookstore to the flavors of a basterma croissant, author Pauls Toutonghi (of Evel Knievel Days) takes us on a tour of Cairo from an insider's perspective.
Egypt has lured world wanderers for millennia with some of civilization’s grandest treasures. From the Great Pyramid of Giza to King Tutankhamun’s tomb to mystical temples dotting the Nile, the country has long held a spot on on adventurers’ bucket lists. Now, with tour prices dramatically slashed, ancient wonders decadently devoid of crowds, and the thrill of political change in the air, there may never be a better time for savvy travelers to dash to Egypt.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- $2396* & up -- Fly to Australia in Premium Economy, R/TAir New Zealand
- $289 & up -- Ends 1/31: Cruise Sale w/Up to $300 CreditNorwegian Cruise Line
- $199-$229 -- South Florida: Delray Beach Hotel, Save 20%Delray Beach Marriott
- $711* & up -- 2015 Fares to Europe from the U.S., R/TAir France
- $289 & up -- Caribbean Cruise Sale w/Choice of ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $149-$179 -- Orlando: 4-Star Renovated Resort, Save 20%Orlando World Center Marriott