News Stories Tagged burma
Visit the mysterious Land of the Golden Pagodas—Myanmar—with AmaWaterways, starting in November 2014.
Mysterious Myanmar tops every intrepid traveler's wish list. Explore the long-closed-off country's historic temples and modern culture and cuisine starting with these musts.
Burma (or Myanmar) is a mysterious blend of old and new—ancient temples and ethnic dress combine with 5 star resorts and an influx of modernity. Go now, before the rest of the world does.
Sanctuary Retreats' luxe new Sanctuary Ananda—custom built in Yangon—will soon sail Myanmar's Irrawaddy River.
They say that Myanmar today is what the rest of Southeast Asia used to be—after you've seen Angkor Wat and explored Chiang Mai, this is your next stop. Start planning with these key tips.
Myanmar is one of the latest must-see places on earth. Traveling with a tour provider can help you make the most of your time, so our writer tried out two for you. You're welcome.
Exploring the fabled regions of the Far East is infinitely easier by sea. And Voyages to Antiquity is one of a small group of luxe ships that can carry you to (and educate you on) Myanmar and its neighbors.
Orient-Express reaffirms its commitment to tourism in country-less-traveled Burma (or Myanmar) with the construction of its second river cruiser, which will sail the Irrawaddy and Chindwin rivers.
Grand Circle Cruise Line unveiled a new small ship tour along the Irrawaddy River in Burma. Tough to get to as solo travelers, these tours will offer further access into an otherwise still-mysterious country.
Always wanted to go to Burma? Have no idea what you might be in for? These guys have the answers to all your questions from how to get into the country to what foods to avoid (hint: it's crab).
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Things Not to Do at Walt Disney World
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- America's Most Scenic Roads
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- World's Best Fashion Museums
- San Francisco's 15 Best Views
- Long Weekend in Bar Harbor | Fodor's
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago | Fodor's
- Ultimate Guide to Vienna's Coffee Renaissance
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- $702* & up -- Flights to China (Roundtrip, including Tax)China National Tourism Office
- $2165 & up -- Sydney, Cairns & Melbourne 9-Nt. Trip w/AirTripMasters.com
- $2199 -- Hong Kong, China & Macau Trip w/Air, Save $3000Macau Government Tourist Office
- $4399 & up -- Australia Luxe Ayers Rock, Reef & Sydney w/AirDown Under Endeavours
- $899 & up -- Hawaii: Weeklong Cruise to 4 IslandsNorwegian Cruise Line
- $209-$229 -- Downtown Toronto 4-Diamond Hotel, 40% OffThe Westin Harbour Castle Toronto