News Stories Tagged buenos aires
Jorge Mario Bergoglio, once Archbishop of Buenos Aires and now Pope Francisco I, hails from Buenos Aires, a city filled with impressive religious sites from historic cemeteries to grand cathedrals.
Get beyond tango: add a quick side trip to your Buenos Aires itinerary and you'll find a whole new part of the city's culture.
Let's play a little word association. Buenos Aires? Tango. Mendoza? Malbec. Yes, but there's even more to the long South American country of Argentina. Get the ground rules here.
Looking for the authentic heart of Buenos Aires' food scene? You've got to get behind closed doors—into the city's local-run, much-loved closed-door restaurants.
You may think of Buenos Aires as the land of thick, juicy steaks. But the city is becoming more vegetarian-friendly than ever with tons of eateries ramping up their veggie offerings.
Nothing beats a getaway with the girls, whether you hit a nearby foodie haven like Portland for the weekend or make it a far-flung jaunt to scope out the big five in Kenya or sip champagne in Australia.
Epicureans visiting Buenos Aires should skip the humdrum eateries along the main tourist drags, and look instead to these mouthwatering food-and-wine tours for a true taste of the city.
Satisfy your curiosity about the Argentinean icon at the Museo Evita in Buenos Aires.
Keep this number handy in Argentina.
Search this market for a unique souvenir that makes a great conversation piece.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Where to Go This Summer
- 4 Great Places to Stay Near Yellowstone National Park
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- The Beginner's Guide to Glamping
- Bangkok 101: What (and Where) to Eat
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- Summer 2013 Guide to New York City
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3152 & up -- Italy Luxury Trip w/Air & Rail between CitiesSceptre Tours
- $92 -- Cabo: All-Inclusive Beachfront Resort, Save 50%Hotel Riu Sante Fe
- $150 & Up -- Old Montreal 4-Diamond Hotel, 40% OffLe Westin Montreal
- $2999 & up -- Sydney & New Zealand 12-Nt Escape w/ToursDown Under Answers