News Stories Tagged budget travel
"In planning for our next trip to Arizona, I visited Visitors Bureaus online. Tuscon's site features the Tucson Attractions Passport. It's a $15 purchase but provides a long varied list of 2 for 1 offers or discounts in southern Arizona to attractions we actually want to visit so would be worth it for us. The Sedona Tourism Bureau has a $10 Sedona SuperPass." -- shared by Fodor's member jojo46... From the Forums: Budget Tips for Arizona...
"You don't say when you are traveling. You could pick a fairly central location and rent a cottage/villa for that time. We always do this when staying in one area and it gives us more space and is usually much cheaper than a hotel room for the same time. Look at sites like: www.holiday-rentals.co.uk, www.holidaylettings.co.uk, www.holidaylets.net, etc. You can just search on 'accommodation' and the area you want and usually you can find specific places to the area as well. During high season, many places want a minimum of 1 week, but outside of high season they are usually more flexible. Sometimes the minimums are only 2-3 days even in high season." -- shared by Fodor's member see_the_world7... From the Forums: Budget accommodations in Tuscany ...
"Don't budget down to your last dollar. Leave yourself some wiggle room with money. You may have the opportunity to do or see or buy something that may become a once in a lifetime memory or keepsake for you and it would be a shame to miss out on it because of a tight budget. If you have to, you can cut back on something when you're home." --- suggested by goddesstogo in the Travel Tips and Trip Ideas Forum...Related links: Budget Caribbean: 5 Cheapest Islands ...
Here's how Cate Starmer was able to pinch the pounds while still finding smart ways to enjoy London's classic attractions: historic hotels, high tea, and double-decker buses.
Few places on earth are as full of bustling, ecstatic life as New York City in the spring and summer. Here's how to capture a piece of that New York magic without breaking the bank.
Carbon offsets and luxury eco-lodges are great earth-friendly options, but being green doesn't always have to cost you so much... green. You can live like a local and have a richer experience by using less resources, which, not surprisingly, uses less cash. Here are some simple tips for your next trip.
Input your route and the make and model of your car on the AAA's fuel cost calculator and voilà! Although figures assume there are no traffic jams (which you probably should factor in), gas prices are updated regularly. Use it to budget your road trip or to decide whether to fly or drive....From the Forums: What advice would you give to someone planning to drive across the country? ...
Even in these difficult economic times, far-away destinations are not out of reach. Here's how to get the most bang for your buck in Japan—and still have a memorable, authentic trip.
In this week's Hot List, we'll let you know where to find authentic Peruvian ceviche in San Francisco and where to snack on stuzzichini in California Wine Country. Also, a selection of new reviews from Hong Kong, Miami, and New York City.
Fodor's member nanbug recently commiserated with other travelers on the Europe forum about the merits of winter travel. She pointed out that traveling to places which are typically thronged with tourists in the sunnier months of the year can be a unique experience. We agree with her! Here are our picks.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Incredible Private Pools at 7 Worldwide Hotels
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $849 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays