News Stories Tagged budget travel
"Use frequent flyer miles to get around Japan. The award levels are low, just 15K or 20K miles. Once, I flew from Tokyo to Sapporo, poked around Hokkaido a bit with JR Pass, and then flew from Sapporo to Hiroshima. The flights were on an FF award, open-jaw ticket. Then I used my JR Pass to get back to Tokyo, after a couple of stops." -- shared by Fodor's member mrwunrfl ... From the Forums: Best Budget Tips for Traveling in Japan...
"In planning for our next trip to Arizona, I visited Visitors Bureaus online. Tuscon's site features the Tucson Attractions Passport. It's a $15 purchase but provides a long varied list of 2 for 1 offers or discounts in southern Arizona to attractions we actually want to visit so would be worth it for us. The Sedona Tourism Bureau has a $10 Sedona SuperPass." -- shared by Fodor's member jojo46... From the Forums: Budget Tips for Arizona...
"You don't say when you are traveling. You could pick a fairly central location and rent a cottage/villa for that time. We always do this when staying in one area and it gives us more space and is usually much cheaper than a hotel room for the same time. Look at sites like: www.holiday-rentals.co.uk, www.holidaylettings.co.uk, www.holidaylets.net, etc. You can just search on 'accommodation' and the area you want and usually you can find specific places to the area as well. During high season, many places want a minimum of 1 week, but outside of high season they are usually more flexible. Sometimes the minimums are only 2-3 days even in high season." -- shared by Fodor's member see_the_world7... From the Forums: Budget accommodations in Tuscany ...
"Don't budget down to your last dollar. Leave yourself some wiggle room with money. You may have the opportunity to do or see or buy something that may become a once in a lifetime memory or keepsake for you and it would be a shame to miss out on it because of a tight budget. If you have to, you can cut back on something when you're home." --- suggested by goddesstogo in the Travel Tips and Trip Ideas Forum...Related links: Budget Caribbean: 5 Cheapest Islands ...
Here's how Cate Starmer was able to pinch the pounds while still finding smart ways to enjoy London's classic attractions: historic hotels, high tea, and double-decker buses.
Few places on earth are as full of bustling, ecstatic life as New York City in the spring and summer. Here's how to capture a piece of that New York magic without breaking the bank.
Carbon offsets and luxury eco-lodges are great earth-friendly options, but being green doesn't always have to cost you so much... green. You can live like a local and have a richer experience by using less resources, which, not surprisingly, uses less cash. Here are some simple tips for your next trip.
Input your route and the make and model of your car on the AAA's fuel cost calculator and voilà! Although figures assume there are no traffic jams (which you probably should factor in), gas prices are updated regularly. Use it to budget your road trip or to decide whether to fly or drive....From the Forums: What advice would you give to someone planning to drive across the country? ...
Even in these difficult economic times, far-away destinations are not out of reach. Here's how to get the most bang for your buck in Japan—and still have a memorable, authentic trip.
In this week's Hot List, we'll let you know where to find authentic Peruvian ceviche in San Francisco and where to snack on stuzzichini in California Wine Country. Also, a selection of new reviews from Hong Kong, Miami, and New York City.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Stunning Hotels in Unexpected Places
- 10 Restaurants Worth a Day Trip in Europe
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- World's Most Luxurious Wine Country Hotels
- Best Credit Cards for Travelers
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- Long Weekend in Lisbon
- Seafood Lover's Guide to Brittany, France
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $188* -- Coast-to-Coast Fares into October, One WayVirgin America
- $57 & up -- Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Suite w/Daily BreakfastPalace Resort
- $1282* & up -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $1175 & up -- Paris & Barcelona 6-Nt. Package w/Air & HotelsEuropeanDestinations.com
- $2009 -- Sydney & Brisbane 6-Night Vacation w/Air, $325 OffDelta Vacations
- $125 -- San Juan 4-Diamond Hotel, 45% OffSheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino