News Stories Tagged budget travel
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge. Enter the Hotel Boutique at Grand Central, which debuted in Midtown last week as part of the budget-friendly Downtown Hotel Collection group.
Whether you're looking for a high-adrenaline adventure out on the slopes, the best spots for après-ski, or relaxing spa facilities for post-ski recovery, there's a perfect ski resort out there for you.
Short on cash? Kash has you covered. He knows luxury hostels across Europe that rival some of the swankier hotels, but are much kinder to your wallet. His Instagram is a cheery treasure trove of his adventures traveling on a shoestring.
There is such a thing as an over-the-top trip without an over-the-top budget. Here are our picks for the most affordable destinations around the world this year. More savings for souvenirs!
Think you're the ultimate budget traveler? Prove it—become a finalist in CheapOair.com's Traveler of the Year contest and you'll spend a month in China or India with a friend. But there's a twist.
Purchase tickets online and save at Hampton Court Palace.
During the off-season (May–November) in Belize, lodging properties often have walk-in rates that are up to a third less than advertised rates.
Because there are so few sights in Cancun, there are no orientation tours. Your best bet is to ride the local bus circuit to get a feel for the island's layout. The buses run 24 hours a day, and you'll rarely have to wait more than five minutes.
Service on many tube lines in London will be disrupted—especially on weekends—as widespread improvements program continues before the 2012 Olympics. Check the tube's web site for up-to-date information.
The Caribbean isn't all about five-star resorts. Often, you may want to save a bit of your vacation cash to eat in elegant restaurants or to shop for the perfect gift. Saving money in the Caribbean doesn't have to mean sacrificing comfort. Sometimes it just means going to a cheaper island, such as the Dominican Republic, Saba, or Dominica. But there are some unique inns and resorts in the Caribbean, where you can sleep for much less and still have a great time.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- Fall 2014 Guide to Washington, D.C.
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo
- $2499 -- China: 13-Nt. Trip w/River Cruise & Air, $1000 OffSinorama Holidays
- $3199 & up -- China: 5-Star, 20-Night Tour w/Cruise & AirSinorama Holidays
- $149* & up -- Ends 10/26: Mexico Fares into Winter, O/WVirgin America
- $1049 -- Oceanview: Alaska 7-Night Cruise w/Unlimited DrinksCelebrity Cruises
- $1999 -- China: Last Minute Luxe Yangtze River Cruise w/AirSinorama Holidays
- $769 & up -- Punta Cana: All-Incl. Family Trip w/WaterparkApple Vacations