News Stories Tagged budget travel
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge. Enter the Hotel Boutique at Grand Central, which debuted in Midtown last week as part of the budget-friendly Downtown Hotel Collection group.
Whether you're looking for a high-adrenaline adventure out on the slopes, the best spots for après-ski, or relaxing spa facilities for post-ski recovery, there's a perfect ski resort out there for you.
Short on cash? Kash has you covered. He knows luxury hostels across Europe that rival some of the swankier hotels, but are much kinder to your wallet. His Instagram is a cheery treasure trove of his adventures traveling on a shoestring.
There is such a thing as an over-the-top trip without an over-the-top budget. Here are our picks for the most affordable destinations around the world this year. More savings for souvenirs!
Think you're the ultimate budget traveler? Prove it—become a finalist in CheapOair.com's Traveler of the Year contest and you'll spend a month in China or India with a friend. But there's a twist.
Purchase tickets online and save at Hampton Court Palace.
During the off-season (May–November) in Belize, lodging properties often have walk-in rates that are up to a third less than advertised rates.
Because there are so few sights in Cancun, there are no orientation tours. Your best bet is to ride the local bus circuit to get a feel for the island's layout. The buses run 24 hours a day, and you'll rarely have to wait more than five minutes.
Service on many tube lines in London will be disrupted—especially on weekends—as widespread improvements program continues before the 2012 Olympics. Check the tube's web site for up-to-date information.
The Caribbean isn't all about five-star resorts. Often, you may want to save a bit of your vacation cash to eat in elegant restaurants or to shop for the perfect gift. Saving money in the Caribbean doesn't have to mean sacrificing comfort. Sometimes it just means going to a cheaper island, such as the Dominican Republic, Saba, or Dominica. But there are some unique inns and resorts in the Caribbean, where you can sleep for much less and still have a great time.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Asia's 10 Best Second Cities
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- 15 Must-See Literary Sights in London
- How to Get a Seat Upgrade
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- Where to Eat in Montreal Now
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- What's the One Thing Fodor's Editors Never Travel Without?
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1275 & up -- Rome, Florence & Venice 7 Nts. w/Air & TrainEuropeanDestinations.com
- $183* & up -- Coast-to-Coast Fares into 2015, One WayVirgin America
- $721* & up -- Europe Fall Fares from the U.S., R/TAir France
- $849 -- 10-Nt. Asia Cruise on Royal Caribbean w/$150 CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $1898 -- 7-Nt. Pacific Northwest River Cruise, Half OffAmerican Queen Steamboat Company
- $1499 -- Suite: Mexican Riviera Cruise w/$1250 in ExtrasCruCon Cruise Outlet