News Stories Tagged british columbia
Plenty of mountain towns have craft breweries, but many now boast craft distilleries, too. Here are five such distilleries, where you can stop in for a tour and a taste of some good 'ole homegrown hooch.
Whether you're looking for a high-adrenaline adventure out on the slopes, the best spots for après-ski, or relaxing spa facilities for post-ski recovery, there's a perfect ski resort out there for you.
As if its pastoral painting-quality rolling hills and lakes weren't enough to entice you to visit this fall, the Okanagan Valley had to plan the Fall Wine Festival. Now you have to go.
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible distance? These 10 trips come with bears, rays, bison, and more!
We love a luxe getaway as much as the next person. But sometimes, adventure calls. And these land-and-sea adventures, from easy to hard, are all within a stone's throw of Vancouver.
Nothing beats a getaway with the girls, whether you hit a nearby foodie haven like Portland for the weekend or make it a far-flung jaunt to scope out the big five in Kenya or sip champagne in Australia.
While the lack of snowfall across the U.S. and Canada has made this year's ski season less than ideal, a host of resorts are riding all-time highs when it comes to new amenities and adventures. From zipline tours, to a free fall waterslide, to old-fashioned sledding, there are plenty of activities to keep you busy on and off the mountain.
Sometimes it takes an intervention program to sever the smartphone tether, so here are our favorite retreats that require forfeiting your little handheld addiction and making the conscious decision to purge.
Even though the formal start of winter is two full months away, now is the time to grab incredible early-season ski deals. Resorts across North America are rolling out tons of packages, and we've gathered the best so you can plan to hit the powder fast.
Though long considered one of B.C.’s most sublime summer environments, Tofino has managed to transform the hostile winter of Vancouver Island’s west coast into both a surfing and storm-watching destination between November and March. No one's really sure when the concept of "bad weather" morphed into "good weather," but on the tourism-friendly Pacific Rim, nasty storms are usually considered quite fine indeed.
British Columbia is an outdoorsy person’s paradise; there are activities galore, from walking in Stanley Park in downtown Vancouver to kayaking, skiing, snowboarding, zip-lining, you name it. Make sure to bring good shoes, maybe even an extra pair—it definitely gets damp on the West Coast.
If you've caught any of the 2010 Winter Olympics television footage, you've seen the gorgeous Whistler mountain vistas and the vibrant Vancouver cityscapes, and heard about the now infamously temperate climate. Once the torch moves on, Vancouver should be extremely high on your list. Here are nine more reasons to visit Vancouver and Whistler in the coming months.
A sluggish-but-slowly-showing-signs-of-recovering economy won't stop families from traveling in 2010—but we're definitely looking for value in the trips we plan. That means we're shopping for great deals and seeking locales that appeal to toddlers through teens all at once—and in some instances, they might be trendy destinations we see on TV or the big screen.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Stunning Hotels in Unexpected Places
- 10 Restaurants Worth a Day Trip in Europe
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- World's Most Luxurious Wine Country Hotels
- Best Credit Cards for Travelers
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- 10 Natural and Organic Beauty Products Worth Packing
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $159-$199 -- San Diego 4-Star Waterfront Hotel, 35% OffSheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina
- $139-$169 -- Colorado 4-Star Vail Riverfront Resort, 70% OffThe Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa at Beaver Creek Mountain
- $100 & up -- Florida Gulf Coast 4-Star Hotel, Save 60%The Westin Cape Coral Resort at Marina Village
- $799 & up -- Waikiki 5-Nt. Vacations w/Air & Car, Save $250Pleasant Holidays
- $2899 & up -- Australia: Sydney Trip w/Air & Tours, $460 OffDestination New South Wales
- $183* -- Coast-to-Coast Fares into November, One WayVirgin America