News Stories Tagged boston
When we found out that Serious Eats, our favorite foodie blog, was publishing a book on the best eats in America, we got an exclusive list of the most travel-worthy, must-try dishes in the country.
After touring the Museum of Science in Boston, take the family to one of the six eateries in the Riverview Cafe located in the Red Wing on the first level.
If you've visited the MFA in the past two days, there's a $2 discount to the admission fee. Also note that a charming quirk of the museum's admission policy waives entrance fees to anyone named Isabella.
Win the Best Parent Ever award; book play time with the seals for your kids at the New England Aquarium
Want to make your day at the aquarium really special for the kids? Call ahead for a reservation to play with the seals! For $45, kids 9 and up can go behind the scenes and help feed and entertain the seals.
If you plan to see an IMAX show as well as check out the aquarium, buy a combo ticket; you'll save $3.95 for the adult ticket.
Save yourself the torture of waiting in long weekend lines, and purchase your tickets ahead of time online at www.neaq.org. You can skip ahead of the crowd and pick up your tickets at the will call window, or print them out at home.
The year 2011 is almost upon us so we've rounded up nine cities around the globe that celebrate the New Year with style. Find your perfect party, from family-friendly affairs to all-night debauchery to classic celebrations.
From Boston's Freedom Trail to La Rambla in Barcelona, walking tours are a perfect way to explore a city. Now your iPhone can double as a tour guide with 10 downloadable Fodor's walking tours each available for $1.99 at EveryTrail. You'll get turn-by-turn directions plus everything you need to know about great places to stop along the way.
Think a visit to an East Coast city means miles of walking or being stuck in traffic to get around between sites? Think again: Boston, New York, and Washington, D.C. all offer fantastic two-wheeled exploring experiences—and they're perfect for a full or half-day bike tour. Each of these self-guided routes can be traveled uninterrupted, or you can easily pop off the bike path, lock up your ride, and enjoy some of the cities' top attractions.
Take a cue from locals and sign up for one of Boston's Park Rangers' programs. Top picks include a visit to the city stables to meet the Mounties and their horses, regularly scheduled readings of Robert McCloskey's Make Way for Ducklings in Boston's Public Garden, and city scavenger hunts geared for families....Planning a trip to Boston? Browse our online Boston guide
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 US Islands Where You Can Beat the Winter Blues
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- 10 Great Spots in Paris with a Literary History
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Where to Eat at This Year's SXSW Festival
- 15 Legendary Hotels Around the World
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $2044 & up -- Scotland & Ireland B&B Vacation w/AirSceptre Tours
- $649 & up -- Jamaica 4-Nt. All-Incl. Luxury Escape, Half OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $499 & up -- 5-Night La Romana All-Incl. Trip w/Air, 45% OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $599 & up -- Cabo 4-Nt. All-Inclusive Escape w/Air, Half OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $1394 & up -- Ireland: 6-Night Dublin Escape w/Air & ToursSceptre Tours
- $599 & up -- 5-Nt. Riviera Maya Vacation w/Air, 50% OffCheapCaribbean.com