News Stories Tagged boston
When we found out that Serious Eats, our favorite foodie blog, was publishing a book on the best eats in America, we got an exclusive list of the most travel-worthy, must-try dishes in the country.
After touring the Museum of Science in Boston, take the family to one of the six eateries in the Riverview Cafe located in the Red Wing on the first level.
If you've visited the MFA in the past two days, there's a $2 discount to the admission fee. Also note that a charming quirk of the museum's admission policy waives entrance fees to anyone named Isabella.
Win the Best Parent Ever award; book play time with the seals for your kids at the New England Aquarium
Want to make your day at the aquarium really special for the kids? Call ahead for a reservation to play with the seals! For $45, kids 9 and up can go behind the scenes and help feed and entertain the seals.
If you plan to see an IMAX show as well as check out the aquarium, buy a combo ticket; you'll save $3.95 for the adult ticket.
Save yourself the torture of waiting in long weekend lines, and purchase your tickets ahead of time online at www.neaq.org. You can skip ahead of the crowd and pick up your tickets at the will call window, or print them out at home.
The year 2011 is almost upon us so we've rounded up nine cities around the globe that celebrate the New Year with style. Find your perfect party, from family-friendly affairs to all-night debauchery to classic celebrations.
From Boston's Freedom Trail to La Rambla in Barcelona, walking tours are a perfect way to explore a city. Now your iPhone can double as a tour guide with 10 downloadable Fodor's walking tours each available for $1.99 at EveryTrail. You'll get turn-by-turn directions plus everything you need to know about great places to stop along the way.
Think a visit to an East Coast city means miles of walking or being stuck in traffic to get around between sites? Think again: Boston, New York, and Washington, D.C. all offer fantastic two-wheeled exploring experiences—and they're perfect for a full or half-day bike tour. Each of these self-guided routes can be traveled uninterrupted, or you can easily pop off the bike path, lock up your ride, and enjoy some of the cities' top attractions.
Take a cue from locals and sign up for one of Boston's Park Rangers' programs. Top picks include a visit to the city stables to meet the Mounties and their horses, regularly scheduled readings of Robert McCloskey's Make Way for Ducklings in Boston's Public Garden, and city scavenger hunts geared for families....Planning a trip to Boston? Browse our online Boston guide
Fodor's Top News & Features
- New All-Inclusive Resort Azul Sensatori Jamaica Opens in Negril
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- $139 -- 4-Star Hotel at Boston Logan Int'l Airport, Save 30%Hilton Boston Logan Airport
- $949 & up -- Hawaii: Weeklong Cruise to 4 IslandsNorwegian Cruise Line
- $89 & up -- Hotel Deals Across Arizona through WinterVisit Arizona
- $394 -- Balcony: 4-Night Bahamas Cruise on CelebrityCruise.com
- $64 & up -- Savannah Hotels, B&Bs and Inns on Sale, 60% OffVisit Savannah
- $1379 -- South Ireland 6-Night Gold Package in AprilTourism Ireland