News Stories Tagged boston
A night out at a Broadway show, opera, or concert can easily set you back a cool Benjamin (or more). While students and seniors can often catch a price break, finding discounted seats requires a bit more digging for the rest of us. Read on for some terrific tips on snagging great seats and getting cultured on the cheap.
For the first time in four years, Leap Day is again upon us—and just about everybody seems to be dishing out deals to entice travelers in honor of 2012’s extra calendar day. From a free three-course lobster dinner for "leapsters" to 29 cent room upgrades to $29/night hotel stays, the offers are piling up. Here are five of the best—but, you better act fast! Nearly all are blink-and-you’ll-miss flash sales that begin and end this Wednesday, February 29.
Japanese travel agency KIE/Kintetsu International, in partnership with Japan Airlines, is now offering travelers a multi-day package that includes the first ever non-stop flights from Boston to Tokyo.
It’s one thing for a hotel to tout "green" initiatives that smack of sustainability; it’s another thing for properties to actually practice what they preach. We’ve investigated a number of self-proclaimed leaders in the eco-consciousness branch of North America's hotel business. Here are our top picks that leave the others green with envy.
Sometimes, a girl just needs to get away for the weekend for a little relaxation and rejuvenation. At these luxury hotels, ladies can pamper themselves while indulging in the finest spa treatments. Just make sure you don’t enjoy yourself so much that you miss work on Monday!
Hotels and resorts often transform into winter wonderlands to attract guests during the chilly season, but because decorations in the lobby only go so far, many properties have hopped on the pop-up ice skating rink trend. Whether staying at swanky urban spot in New York, or a mountain getaway in Vail, we've rounded up our favorites from around the world.
Boston's Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum—known for its collection of fine and decorative art—debuted its new wing today, designed by Renzo Piano. Exciting features include a 300-seat performance hall, a gift shop and café, classrooms and studios for hands-on workshops, plus space for special exhibitions.
At the Boston Athenaeum, a public library that's also one of the city's cultural institutions, only eight people can fit in the tiny elevator to the fifth floor, so call at least 24 hours in advance to reserve your spot on the tour.
Some rooms have views of Commonwealth Avenue, while others are larger, corner rooms.
For a great view at the Harborside Inn in Boston, request a room overlooking the city; for a quieter stay, book a room that faces the interior atrium.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- 10 Best Casino Restaurants in the World
- Top 10 Fall Trips for Food Lovers
- 11 Must-See Ch?teaux Outside Paris
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- World's Best Golf Resorts
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- Long Weekend in Palenque, Mexico
- Top 5 New York City Activities for Teens
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $203 & up -- S.C.: 4-Star Hilton Head Island Resort, 35% OffThe Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa
- $269 -- Maui 4-Star Resort on Ka'anapali Beach, Save 35%The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali
- $169-$199 -- Downtown Los Angeles 4-Star Hotel, 35% OffThe Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites
- $119 & up -- Weekends: Houston Hotel near Galleria, 45% OffThe Westin Galleria Houston
- $182* & up -- Coast-to-Coast Fares into 2015, One WayVirgin America
- $1145 & up -- 6-Nt. Ireland Castles & Abbey Trip w/Air & CarGreat Value Vacations