News Stories Tagged boston
A night out at a Broadway show, opera, or concert can easily set you back a cool Benjamin (or more). While students and seniors can often catch a price break, finding discounted seats requires a bit more digging for the rest of us. Read on for some terrific tips on snagging great seats and getting cultured on the cheap.
For the first time in four years, Leap Day is again upon us—and just about everybody seems to be dishing out deals to entice travelers in honor of 2012’s extra calendar day. From a free three-course lobster dinner for "leapsters" to 29 cent room upgrades to $29/night hotel stays, the offers are piling up. Here are five of the best—but, you better act fast! Nearly all are blink-and-you’ll-miss flash sales that begin and end this Wednesday, February 29.
Japanese travel agency KIE/Kintetsu International, in partnership with Japan Airlines, is now offering travelers a multi-day package that includes the first ever non-stop flights from Boston to Tokyo.
It’s one thing for a hotel to tout "green" initiatives that smack of sustainability; it’s another thing for properties to actually practice what they preach. We’ve investigated a number of self-proclaimed leaders in the eco-consciousness branch of North America's hotel business. Here are our top picks that leave the others green with envy.
Sometimes, a girl just needs to get away for the weekend for a little relaxation and rejuvenation. At these luxury hotels, ladies can pamper themselves while indulging in the finest spa treatments. Just make sure you don’t enjoy yourself so much that you miss work on Monday!
Hotels and resorts often transform into winter wonderlands to attract guests during the chilly season, but because decorations in the lobby only go so far, many properties have hopped on the pop-up ice skating rink trend. Whether staying at swanky urban spot in New York, or a mountain getaway in Vail, we've rounded up our favorites from around the world.
Boston's Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum—known for its collection of fine and decorative art—debuted its new wing today, designed by Renzo Piano. Exciting features include a 300-seat performance hall, a gift shop and café, classrooms and studios for hands-on workshops, plus space for special exhibitions.
At the Boston Athenaeum, a public library that's also one of the city's cultural institutions, only eight people can fit in the tiny elevator to the fifth floor, so call at least 24 hours in advance to reserve your spot on the tour.
Some rooms have views of Commonwealth Avenue, while others are larger, corner rooms.
For a great view at the Harborside Inn in Boston, request a room overlooking the city; for a quieter stay, book a room that faces the interior atrium.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $129-$159 -- Tucson AAA 4-Diamond Resort, Save 45%The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa
- $129 & up -- San Diego 4-Star Waterfront Hotel, 30% OffSheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina
- $169 -- Downtown Dallas 4-Star Hotel, Save 25%Sheraton Dallas Hotel
- $129 & up -- New Orleans Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $199* -- Coast-to-Coast Spring Fares into May, One WayVirgin America
- $749 & up -- Costa Rica 3-Night All-Inclusive Vacation w/AirApple Vacations