News Stories Tagged boston
Summer trips are nothing if not brag-worthy—and hitting the same place every year isn't cutting it. From Philly to Sicily, our top picks have tons going on this summer from festivals to great new eats to off-season deals.
Ever wanted to see the world, glowing and all lit up, on a thirty-foot bridge? Head to Boston, where the Mary Baker Eddy Library is home to fascinating exhibits as well as the stunning Mapparium.
On the heels of President Obama's statement last week in support of marriage, Boston's Beacon Hill Hotel & Bistro debuted an LGBT-acronym-inspired Obama cocktail available through mid-June.
Get into the spirit with all-inclusive baseball-themed hotel offers that will get you to the park and back in style, feed you well, put celebratory drinks in your hand, and send you home with gifts.
New England hosts a cornucopia of food festivals throughout summer and fall that pay tribute to local food and cuisine, from blueberries to lobster, and cheese to chowder. We've rounded up five of the most delicious celebrations honoring regional culinary delights, for an unforgettable taste of New England.
Spring is in the air and summer vacation is just on the horizon, making it prime time for travel rewards holders to cash in their points and miles for trips. Whether you've racked up rewards credits via airline, hotel, or credit card programs, lots of juicy trips are currently up for grabs.
If you're traveling this summer, it's time to look out for promotional deals attached to your credit card, airline miles, or hotel loyalty program; you might be surprised by the sweet deals you'll find.
With a nod to Boston's historic past, The Revere Hotel Boston Common will open on Wednesday, marking the 237th anniversary of Paul Revere's legendary ride.
This June, visitors to Nantucket Island can bunk down at the new Chapman House hotel, set to open its doors in the heart of Old Nantucket Town. The property will exude a modern beach-house feel with retro-chic touches.
American history and family fun go hand-in-hand this summer in Virginia Beach, Baltimore, Boston, and other cities—all of which are hosting festivities to commemorate the bicentennial of the War of 1812. If you’re a history buff planning a trip in the coming months, consider timing it with one of these special East Coast events.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 10 Best Ramen Shops in the U.S.
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 15 Things Not to Do in Paris
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- $1845 & up -- Tahiti 7-Nt. Vacations w/Air, Save $600Pleasant Holidays
- $95 & up -- Toronto Harbor Hotel incl. Weekends, Save 35%Westin Harbour Castle Toronto
- $109 -- Florida: Nature Coast Resort Near Tampa w/BreakfastPlantation on Crystal River
- $149 & up -- San Diego 4-Star Waterfront Hotel, 35% OffSheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina
- $499 & up -- Ends 4/5: Bermuda Cruise w/Up to $300 CreditNorwegian Cruise Line
- $119 -- Wisconsin: 4-Star Lake Geneva Resort into SpringGrand Geneva Resort