News Stories Tagged boston
Ever wanted to see the world, glowing and all lit up, on a thirty-foot bridge? Head to Boston, where the Mary Baker Eddy Library is home to fascinating exhibits as well as the stunning Mapparium.
On the heels of President Obama's statement last week in support of marriage, Boston's Beacon Hill Hotel & Bistro debuted an LGBT-acronym-inspired Obama cocktail available through mid-June.
Get into the spirit with all-inclusive baseball-themed hotel offers that will get you to the park and back in style, feed you well, put celebratory drinks in your hand, and send you home with gifts.
New England hosts a cornucopia of food festivals throughout summer and fall that pay tribute to local food and cuisine, from blueberries to lobster, and cheese to chowder. We've rounded up five of the most delicious celebrations honoring regional culinary delights, for an unforgettable taste of New England.
Spring is in the air and summer vacation is just on the horizon, making it prime time for travel rewards holders to cash in their points and miles for trips. Whether you've racked up rewards credits via airline, hotel, or credit card programs, lots of juicy trips are currently up for grabs.
If you're traveling this summer, it's time to look out for promotional deals attached to your credit card, airline miles, or hotel loyalty program; you might be surprised by the sweet deals you'll find.
With a nod to Boston's historic past, The Revere Hotel Boston Common will open on Wednesday, marking the 237th anniversary of Paul Revere's legendary ride.
This June, visitors to Nantucket Island can bunk down at the new Chapman House hotel, set to open its doors in the heart of Old Nantucket Town. The property will exude a modern beach-house feel with retro-chic touches.
American history and family fun go hand-in-hand this summer in Virginia Beach, Baltimore, Boston, and other cities—all of which are hosting festivities to commemorate the bicentennial of the War of 1812. If you’re a history buff planning a trip in the coming months, consider timing it with one of these special East Coast events.
Cities countrywide are flaunting their Gaelic glory in the form of parades, parties, and pub crawls in the coming week. From the longest-running Patty’s parade in Boston to a New Orleans-style celebration and more, here are the top 5 places to shamrock it out stateside this year.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- World's 10 Best Trips for Wine Lovers
- 20 Gorgeous Seaside Towns in Italy
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- Romantic Getaway: Long Weekend in San Juan
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 5 Best Perks of Flying in Premium Economy
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1528 & up -- Escorted 7-Nt. Sicily Splendors Land-Only TourApple Vacations
- $1411 & up -- Ireland in Fall: 8-Nt. Trip w/Car from OrlandoGreat Value Vacations
- $799 & up -- 4-Star Los Cabos All-Incl. Trip w/Air, 40% OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $2045 & up -- Sydney, Melbourne & Auckland 9-Nights w/AirTripMasters.com
- $1499 & up -- Ireland in Fall: 8-Nt. Vacation w/Car from SFGreat Value Vacations
- $856* & up -- Europe Spring Fare Sale from the U.S. (R/T)Air France