News Stories Tagged books
Put down that Kindle and pick up a paperback at one of these awesome shops.
Not sure what to read on your summer getaway? Check out our list of 10 books to consider.
Even if you're not the most observant tourist, it's hard not to take notice of the literary history that abounds in Madrid. Here are five essential stops on any literary tour of Spain's capital.
One of the best food writers working now, Anya von Bremzen has a new book out that goes back to her roots, exploring the foods of Soviet Russia. Here, she talks travels past, present, and future, with plenty of culinary highlights thrown in.
Few destinations are as closely linked to literature as England's Lake District. Long-loved by iconic authors (and their characters), it's filled to the brim with historic homes and idyllic scenes.
The Isle of Jersey today is a tax haven and vacation spot. But in Victor Hugo's day, it was a mystical island and was his home after political exile from France. Author M.J. Rose returned to Hugo's Jersey to research her latest novel. Here she unearths her best finds.
We've made no secret of how much we love The NoMad, and now we want you to discover it for yourself. Enter our NoMad Experience Sweepstakes to win dinner for two and more.
Don't be stuck combing the bookshelves at the airport snack stand—pack any of the new reads on our list and you'll be racing to turn the last page before your cross-country flight lands.
A lover of, and expert on, all things South of France (including, but not limited to quirky characters and great food and wine), Peter Mayle has brought us on countless adventures through Provence, Marseille, and beyond. We caught up with him to chat about his latest caper.
Jane Austen aficionados know that this week is the 200th anniversary of Pride and Prejudice. To honor it, we've drawn up an Austen-inspired itinerary (i.e. another excuse to hit the English countryside).
He's written some of our favorite series—No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency, ahem—set in far corners of the world, making us feel like we were solving mysteries with Mma Ramotswe. We caught up with Alexander McCall Smith himself to chat about Botswana and beyond.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Stunning Hotels in Unexpected Places
- 10 Restaurants Worth a Day Trip in Europe
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- World's Most Luxurious Wine Country Hotels
- Best Credit Cards for Travelers
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- 10 Natural and Organic Beauty Products Worth Packing
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $169 & up -- Fall Weekends at NYC-Area 4-Star Hotel, 60% OffThe Westin Jersey City Newport
- $234 & up -- Cayman Island Travel Deals; Save up to 40%Cayman Islands Department of Tourism
- $100 & up -- Florida Gulf Coast 4-Star Hotel, Save 60%The Westin Cape Coral Resort at Marina Village
- $811* & up -- Europe Fall Fares from the U.S., R/TAir France
- $1175 & up -- Paris & Barcelona 6-Nt. Package w/Air & HotelsEuropeanDestinations.com
- $111 & up -- Puerto Rico: Old Town San Juan Hotel, Save 30%Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel & Casino