News Stories Tagged bikes
Winter may be for snow sports, and summer for swimming, but there is no shortage of outdoor activities for adventurous travelers come fall. Read on for nine great ways to "fall" into the great outdoors.
For every reason to visit Park City, Utah, amidst snowy landscapes, there's an equally good one to justify travel there in fall. Read on for five reasons why you should make the trek to Park City this autumn.
Whether you're a semi-pro cyclist or a Spin class devotee, hotels and travel companies are offering packages and experiences with gear heads in mind. Here are 5 choice bike-lover holidays.
Forget the snow-capped peaks for now and consider Colorado your next summertime destination. In warm weather, the Rocky Mountain State delivers with endless festivals and outdoor activities.
Whole Journeys is a guided travel program run by Whole Foods that takes travelers around the world on ultra-local and unique culinary experiences. We caught up with the executive director to get the scoop.
North America may be slow on the bike sharing uptake, but the rest of the world has already fallen for its charm and convenience. Here, a roundup of many cities where bike sharing is well under way.
Montreal is a great escape, made better by its proximity—you'll feel like you're in Paris without the exchange rate and long-haul flight. And one of the best ways to explore the city is on two wheels.
We love a luxe getaway as much as the next person. But sometimes, adventure calls. And these land-and-sea adventures, from easy to hard, are all within a stone's throw of Vancouver.
Element Hotels, Starwoods new-ish eco-friendly brand, has launched a Pledge to Pedal sweepstakes on Facebook offering free, custom bikes to winners.
Skip the car and driver, and spend your next California wine tasting adventure on two wheels. Biking will help burn off those wine country indulgences, and as a bonus, Sonoma is unforgettably scenic.
To really see Savannah, hop off the back of the trolley and rent a bike instead. The city is endlessly charming and bike-friendly, and on two wheels you can see historic squares and hidden side streets up close.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places Where Summer Lasts Longer
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World | Fodor's
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- America's Best Oktoberfests
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago
- New Orleans' 10 Best Bars for Classic Cocktails
- Where to Go This Thanksgiving
- Top 10 Things to Do in Sonoma County (Besides Drink Wine)
- $59* & up -- Nationwide Sale thru 2015 on Top Airline, O/WAlaska Airlines
- $249 & up -- Ends 10/14: Caribbean Cruises w/Onboard CreditNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1730 & up -- Milan & Lake Como 6-Nt. Vacation w/Air & CarGreat Value Vacations
- $115 -- Colorado: 4-Star Steamboat Springs ResortSheraton Steamboat Springs
- $233-$269 -- NYC: Times Square Hotel incl. Holidays, 35% OffThe Westin New York Times Square
- $609 & up -- 7-Day Alaska Cruises incl. Glacier BayNorwegian Cruise Line