News Stories Tagged bermuda
From French Polynesia to Bermuda, there's no shortage of tropical islands that draw cruise ships to their shores. Here are five to consider when planning your next romantic getaway.
Do you suffer from Vacation Deprivation? If you're an employee in America, the answer is most likely yes. We're here to defeat it once and for all, starting with Bermuda.
Bermuda is 600 miles off the coast of North Carolina. That's a two hour flight from NYC before you're digging your toes in the sand. If you're still not convinced, we've got more reasons to go now.
Retreating to the posh pink beaches of Bermuda is always a good idea—there's golf to play, festivals to attend, and crystal blue waters to laze by. Style your trip right with these peppy pieces.
The northern end of Court Street in the City of Hamilton is off the typical tourist trail, so you can find some great local eateries and a taste of day-to-day Bermuda life. Be warned, this area is not advisable after dark.
It is an offense in Bermuda to appear in public without a shirt, even for joggers. Also, leave your cutoffs, short shorts, and halter tops at home. This rule may seem arcane, but most Bermudians appreciate the decorum.
The island’s notoriously narrow, twisting roads have a particularly high accident rate, and drinking-and-driving is a problem. Don't be scared, just be aware.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1890 & up -- Ireland in Summer: 6-Night B&B Vacation w/AirSceptre Tours
- $2499 & up -- Tahiti & Fiji 23-Day Cruise w/Oceanview CabinCarnival Cruise Lines
- $149-$179 -- Palm Springs 4-Star Resort, 45% OffThe Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa
- $1008 & up -- 8-Nt. Costa Rica Volcano, Forest & Beach w/AirTripMasters.com
- $99 & up -- British Virgin Islands Hotels up to 45% OffBritish Virgin Islands Tourism
- $144 & up -- Weekends at NYC-Area 4-Star Hotel, 50% OffThe Westin Jersey City Newport