News Stories Tagged berlin
The best way to visit the beautiful Reichstag dome in Berlin, Germany without waiting in line is to arrive at 8am, or to make a reservation for the pricey rooftop Käfer restaurant, which includes access to an entrance at the right of the Reichstag's main staircase.
A night out at a Broadway show, opera, or concert can easily set you back a cool Benjamin (or more). While students and seniors can often catch a price break, finding discounted seats requires a bit more digging for the rest of us. Read on for some terrific tips on snagging great seats and getting cultured on the cheap.
Admittedly, Europe's "Big 3" are hard to beat. But if you're looking for new experiences, our Europe-trotting Fodorites recommend where to go after you've been to Paris, London, and Rome.
Berlin's near obsession with design is the city's calling card, and touches everything from grand architectural projects to the smallest knickknack souvenirs.
August the 13th marks fifty years since construction began on The Berlin Wall (Berliner Mauer) and even though the divider came down over twenty years ago it still manages to be one of the city’s main tourist draws.
Buy a Berlin WelcomeCard. Buy Berlin discount cards to save on public transport. Sold by EurAid, Berliner Verkehrsbetriebe offices, the tourist office, and some hotels, the Berlin WelcomeCard entitles one adult and three children under age 14 to either two or three days of unlimited travel in the ABC fare zones for €18.90 or €25.90, respectively, and includes admission and tour discounts.
Don't be fooled by the term "off season." Now is the best time to take advantage of travel deals; the crowds are gone and many hotels and airlines have dropped their rates. We've rounded up our favorite value fall travel destinations, where you'll get the same luxuries for a fraction of the price.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- World's 10 Best Trips for Wine Lovers
- 20 Gorgeous Seaside Towns in Italy
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- Romantic Getaway: Long Weekend in San Juan
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 5 Best Perks of Flying in Premium Economy
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $169 & up -- Charleston Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $1267 & up -- Ireland in Fall: 8-Nt. Vacation w/Car from NYCGreat Value Vacations
- $1035 & up -- Oahu & Maui 6-Nts. w/Air, Hotels & TransferTripMasters.com
- $909 & up -- Greece: Escorted Athens Land-Only Trip w/CruiseApple Vacations
- $85 & up -- 4- & 5-Star Punta Cana Hotels, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $1267 & up -- Ireland in Fall: 8-Nt. Vacation w/Air & CarGreat Value Vacations