News Stories Tagged belize
During the off-season (May–November) in Belize, lodging properties often have walk-in rates that are up to a third less than advertised rates.
A night dive at Shark-Ray Alley in Belize is a special treat due to this biological event.
Fodor's 80 Degrees by the Sea is our new beach vacation finder that helps you discover your perfect seaside escapes by taking a photo quiz. Plus, it generates customized recommendations for hotels, restaurants, and sights. Start planning your getaway!
Hotels, restaurants, shops, and tour operators in Belize sometimes levy a surcharge for credit card use, usually 5%, but fees can range from 2% to 10%.
If you're traveling with a laptop in Belize, be aware that the power supply may be uneven, and most hotels don't have built-in current stabilizers. At remote lodges, power comes from generators, and can fluctuate. Bring a surge protector and a flash drive to save your work.
If you're going to the Belize Zoo on a day when there are several cruise ships in port in Belize City, try to get there early, when the zoo opens at 8.
For example, if you want to visit both the Cayo (cool nights) and the Cayes (hot, hot, hot), your wardrobe might include a warm polar-fleece jacket and some lightweight T-shirts and shorts.
The rainy season lasts from around June through November; the tourist season (mid-November through April) coincides with the dry season, which runs from December through May. The busiest time is Christmas, followed by Easter and Thanksgiving.
Generalizations about all countries won't go over well. Not every one of them has recently endured a civil war, for example. Belize and Costa Rica have never really seen the kind of political turmoil of the others.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- $105 & up -- 4-Star D.C. Area Westin incl. Weekends, 50% OffThe Westin Reston Heights
- $99 & up -- Sonoma County Hotel Sale, up to 50% OffSonoma County Tourism
- $99 & up -- Condo: 4-Star Panama City Beach Resort, 50% OffBookIt.com
- $64 -- Anaheim Hotel near Disneyland thru Summer, 55% OffBookIt.com
- $729 & up -- Puerto Vallarta 4-Star All-Incl. Escape w/AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $111 & up -- Niagara Falls: 4-Star Waterpark Hotel, Save 30%Sheraton on the Falls at Falls View Resort