News Stories Tagged beer
To say Oregon has a lot of breweries would be a huge understatement. Portland alone has more than 50—here are the best beer stops in the state, and what to taste when you get there.
It may be too late to book it to Munich for Oktoberfest this year, but this insider's guide to all things beer and Bavarian eats (as well as where to stay) will set you straight for Oktoberfest 2013.
Craft beers are a trend the world over, and South America is jumping on the bandwagon. Moving beyond its award-winning wines, locals and visitors to the region are enjoying local brews.
Drinking beer in Colorado is almost a religious experience; it continually ranks in the top 5 states for US beer production (and, we assume, consumption). Stop into these top microbreweries to see why.
With wine pairing seminars and microbrew taste-offs, these drink-focused festivals are the best excuse for some sanctioned day drinking. Learning about artisan producers and local ingredients is great, too.
Beer gardens have been popping up across the country lately, but some are better than others. These choice gardens have quality food, tons of beers on tap, and long wooden benches to spare.
Dad loves tools. And ties. But you got him those last year. Get him something he'll love doing this year, whether it's an obstacle course, brewery tour, butchery lesson, or secret spa treatment.
Celebrate the 200th anniversary of the German beer garden all summer in Munich.
You can visit the restaurant without paying the museum's admission fee. Try beer from one of Munich's oldest breweries, the Augustiner Bräu.
The Dutch are especially fond of their pils, a light golden lager usually served with a large head. Locals claim that it tastes better if sipped through the foam, so asking for a top-up may offend.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Fodor's Go List 2014
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- 7 Reasons to Go to Miami this Winter
- 7 Quirky American Winter Festivals
- Weekend Escape: Holiday Shopping in NYC
- 7 Under-The-Radar All-Inclusive Resorts
- American Airlines Introduces New Transcontinental Fleet
- Mexico City's Coolest New Museums
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $689 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $152 -- Maui Beachfront Resort in Winter, 45% OffAston Kaanapali Shores
- $679 & up -- 3-Nt. Cancun All-Inclusive Trip w/Air, 50% OffLiberty Travel
- $585 & up -- Puerto Rico 4-Star Trip w/Air & $150 CreditLiberty Travel
- $895 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays