News Stories Tagged beauty
Summer is almost upon us, which means that your travels are probably taking you someplace where you’ll be enjoying the great outdoors. Here are five simple tips to protect your skin from the sun while traveling.
Here are some insider tips to shop London neighborhoods like a pro and find the top beauty destinations and products. Use this list to create a skincare and beauty tour for the ultimate shopping binge, or simply select your favorite neighborhoods for browsing.
Whether you are searching for travel-sized products for your next trip or seeking out new shops while on the go, here are the top stateside picks for expanding your beauty shopping horizons.
Check in at least 20 minutes prior to your first treatment. The earlier you arrive, the longer you can enjoy the spa’s gratis amenities, like relaxation areas, pools, and steam rooms.
A visit to the Riviera Maya is not complete without participating in a temazcal ritual based on traditional Mayan healing methods. Temazcal is a type of sweat lodge that’s used to purify the body and cleanse mind and spirit.
From the massive landmass of Australia to the islands of New Zealand, the South Pacific has many unique botanicals that are found nowhere else on earth. With their active lifestyles and increased sun exposure, Aussies and Kiwis understand the power of nature—as traveling skincare enthusiasts will quickly learn. So, the next time you’re Down Under, give your skin a break from surfing or trekking through the bush to explore some of the region’s top skincare products and wellness experiences.
Before a massage, a good masseur/masseuse asks about tender spots or areas in need of special attention; during the massage, he or she also asks whether or not the amount of pressure is right for you. Before giving you facials, scrubs, or the like, diligent therapists go over what will happen during the treatment, address your concerns, and note special requests—like being checked on during a wrap or being left utterly alone. Don't hesitate to let your therapist know your preferences, even if you aren't asked. The mantra of "no pain, no gain" doesn't apply to your spa experience. Assert your wishes, and you'll be sure to get to that "ahhh" place.
If an indulgent spa visit is your ideal romantic getaway, pick a place that truly specializes in making it special. Most spa menus include a couples massage, but some focus on creating an entire experience for pairs. Valentine's Day also usually means there are lots of specials for duos who book together.
From a creative, low-key start 30 years ago, the Sundance Film Festival has helped Park City blossom into a vibrant and sophisticated hub for artist and athletes alike. The annual film festival starts this Thursday, January 20 and our Sundance expert has rounded up the best things to do outside of the movie theater.
Are you en route to France? Be sure to stock up on these beauty essentials, which are difficult—if not impossible—to find stateside. For skincare devotees, there’s no better tourist attraction than the typical French pharmacy, where you’ll find rows and upon rows of neatly stocked shelves full of creams, potions, and other products dedicated to the pursuit of la beauté.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Legendary Hotels Around the World
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $2399 -- Luxe 10-Nt. Caribbean Cruise incl. Air, Save $2000Oceania Cruises
- $15 & up -- Nationwide Car Rentals in Spring, 65% OffHertz
- $9 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com
- $59* & up -- Spring Fare Sale on Alaska Airlines, One WayAlaska Airlines
- $118 & up -- Philadelphia Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $3860 & up -- Europe: 9-Nt. Trip w/London, Paris, ItalyGreat Value Vacations