News Stories Tagged beaches
We've got good news for you. Even if you've explored its Mayan ruins, downed its mezcal, seen whales on its west coast, and lazed on its beaches, you still have a ton of Mexico left to discover. Start here.
Private island getaways in the Bahamas courtesy of Holland America Line just got better thanks to romantic beach villas, refreshed cabanas, and a new glass-bottom boat tour.
Want to spend an evening (with models) in Namibia, Australia, and Easter Island? Sports Illustrated and Travel Channel have paired up for a TV special on the Swimsuit Issue's various destinations.
The Hana Highway is amazing, with waterfalls you need to swim under on one side and black sand beaches begging for leisurely stops on the other. Here are ten tips for getting the most out of the drive.
Fearless Fodor's leader and Executive Editorial Director Arabella Bowen shared her knowledge on CBS This Morning with the help of our 80 Degrees trip-matching tool.
Gather your sundresses, flip flops, and bathing suits—we're unveiling our super-upgraded beach vacation planner! Think of Fodor's 80 Degrees as your own personal beach concierge.
Panama City's got a bit of everything—history mixed with the new and modern, a low-key but still metropolitan vibe. And with two new resorts on Playa Bonita, it's got a beach within a stone's throw.
As if you need five reasons to go to an Italian beach town. But Terracina is more than sand and Vespas. It's a local's getaway, not far from Rome, and promises la dolce vita in the form of stunning views and fantastic food.
If all you've seen is Machu Picchu, Cusco, and Lima, you've only scratched the surface of Peru. Why not tack on a little beach time in the chill surf town of Mancora?
From trendsetting Ipanema to local favorite Copacabana, aspiring beachgoers in Rio de Janeiro have tons of options for a sun-drenched day on the sand.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- Ultimate Safari Planner
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Venice's Ban on Cruise Ships: What it Means for You
- World's 10 Coolest Ice Hotels
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- America's Best Wine Bars
- 10 Best US Ski Resorts for Families
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1198-$1278* -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $1645 -- UAE: Dubai & Abu Dhabi 6-Night Vacation, $550 OffGoway Travel with Definitely Dubai & Abu Dhabi Tourism
- $229 & up -- Caribbean 7-Night Cruise; Kids Sail FreeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1739 -- Spring Sale: 7-Night Holland & Belgium River CruiseAvalon Waterways