News Stories Tagged beaches
A week in the Greek isles? Where do we sign? No matter your travel style, there is an island (or two) for you. Pick from these island-hopping itineraries for romantics, history buffs, and more.
This week we spanned the map of summer getaways, but we couldn't let you go without prepping you with insider tips on vacation rentals, cool airline amenities, and off-the-beaten-path spots.
Nantucket's newest boutique hotel offers a true New England-style retreat with all the comforts of home (plus homemade scones and fireside cocktails) in a romantic beach setting.
The charms of Sanibel, a subtropical barrier island in the Gulf of Mexico off Florida's southwestern coast, are many. From a wildlife refuge to pontoon boat cruises, here are five ways to discover them.
A babymoon in the Bahamas has one order of business: you must do absolutely nothing. Your options are breakfast on the balcony, lounging by the ocean, and sunset strolls on the beach.
Do you suffer from Vacation Deprivation? If you're an employee in America, the answer is most likely yes. We're here to defeat it once and for all, starting with Bermuda.
Even savvy travelers who have 'been there and done that' in the Caribbean probably haven't been to Bimini. A quick hop from Miami, this tiny island packs a punch with great food and thrilling adventures.
The whole point of a beach vacay is to bask in the sun's rays completely carefree. But before you get too laissez-faire, pack these 5 essentials so you can look good doing it, too.
No matter what type of traveler you are, there is a Caribbean island for you. Bringing the fam? Get that snorkel gear on. Looking to escape? No one will find you here. We found your perfect itineraries.
Put down that umbrella drink. We've rounded up five totally unique activities you're missing out on in the Caribbean, from swimming with pigs to submarine tours.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Incredible Private Pools at 7 Worldwide Hotels
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $849 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays