News Stories Tagged beach
Fresh seafood, kitschy shops, and deep-fried Oreos are just a few of the things you'll find along the boardwalks that hug America's shorelines, but each one offers a unique experience.
Fresh seafood, winding beaches, and not a chain store in sight. Here are five tempting reasons to visit Nantucket this summer.
Mix surf and sand with big-city sightseeing in these 10 beachfront metropolises around the world.
For a weekend full of breathtaking ocean views, vibrant local culture, and plush accommodations, look no further than St. Lucia.
For a vacation that combines world-class wines and breathtaking beaches, look no further than Waiheke Island, a short ferry ride from Auckland.
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood, and authentic local culture.
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike. Use our weekend itinerary to plan your next beach getaway.
Take a cue from the Italians and head to one of these local-favorite seafront towns to escape the bustle of the cities.
Nevis, a tiny, sun-drenched island next to St. Kitts, is the Caribbean's best kept secret. Here are five reasons you should go.
When it comes to travel grooming on a beach vacation, some careful planning is in order. Here are our 10 picks for the best beach vacation beauty products.
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots of shopping, and chic restaurants, all set against a stunning shoreline.
The far-flung isles of the Indian Ocean propose exotic beaches, emerald waters, and castaway lodgings. Find your ideal Indian Ocean idyll here, with these top 10 Indian Ocean vacations.
If you were craving sunshine while this week's chilling polar vortex swept across the US, not to worry—we've recently covered your top winter getaways. From relaxing on the most luxurious beaches to perusing posh Miami boutiques, we're giving you the best of warm-weather escapes (plus a few chilly, but fun, getaways).
Tourists seem to love winter in New York—but locals often hatch escape plans to warmer climes. Thankfully, there are non-stop flights to beach destinations in Florida, the Caribbean, and Mexico.
San Francisco's chilly winds and rainy days often deter tourists and inspire locals to travel south. Luckily, the city provides quick flights to islands and cities far away from the fog and cold.
Winters can be brutal in the Windy City. When temperatures drop below zero, locals look for a warmer refuge. The best medicine for a Chicago winter is warm weather and sunshine, and luckily, many destinations fit the bill. Here are our picks for the best nonstop flights from Chicago to the beach.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Asia's 10 Best Second Cities
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- 15 Must-See Literary Sights in London
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- How to Get a Seat Upgrade
- What's the One Thing Fodor's Editors Never Travel Without?
- Hotel Opening: London's Ham Yard Hotel
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1199 -- Alaska 2015 Cruises w/Balcony, All Drinks & MoreCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $721* & up -- Europe Fall Fares from the U.S., R/TAir France
- $854 -- 7-Night Mediterranean Cruise w/$100 CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $599 & up -- 4-Star All-Incl. Punta Cana Vacation w/AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $74-$88 -- Dominican Republic: All-Incl. Resort, Save 30%ClubHotel Riu Bambu
- $2668* & up -- Fly to Australia in Premium Economy, R/TAir New Zealand