News Stories Tagged beach vacations
With just more than a month left of summer, it's high time we all hit the beach. From a hidden gem in Southern California to kid-friendly tide pools in Oregon, here are our picks for the West Coast's best.
Trips to the beach are the ultimate summer pastime—where memories of splashing in the water and building sandcastles are made. Here are the best East Coast beaches for families young and old.
Beaches are more than just the perfect summer setting—they're also prime places for fictitious dramas to unfold. These new novels do just that on some perennial favorite beaches.
Summer means vacation, but that means different things to different travelers. So to make sure every holiday, no matter the style, goes off without a hitch we turned to experts and rounded up this fool-proof checklist.
Ah, the beach house. Where summertime get-togethers create unforgettable memories. To kick the season off, we put together our list of essential tips, whether it's your house or you're the guest.
From falling airplane doors to too-short hemlines in the UAE, and from synchronized swimming to Top Chef Masters, here's all the news we're poring over this morning.
Feel like luxuriating in the Hamptons this summer? To feel like an instant local (and look like one) we put together an insider's guide to the area's best beaches.
Beachfront outpost to Waldorf Astoria's historic Boca Raton Resort & Club, the "barefoot elegance"-branded Boca Beach Club—set in chichi Boca Raton, Florida—is making a playtime-fueled power play for the family market. A bevy of new kid-friendly amenities have rolled out this year, with their most recently announced "kite concierge" and partnership with Random House Children's Books, the latest in a steady stream of family-minded initiatives.
Savvy travelers know that the best sun-soaked deals of the season are in spring, before the beaches crowd up. So for anywhere you're headed, here are some of our favorite spring beach styles.
Avoid the typical and touristy spring break destinations by heading just outside the popular hubs. Instead of Punta Cana, try Barahona; skip Cabo and go for Todos Santos. These off-the-path retreats offer a refreshing spring break experience (sans college kids, crowds, and all-inclusive mega resorts) and are home to a few choice hotels—all three below are members of Small Luxury Hotels of the World and are offering packages that will save you 30 percent off spring travel.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- $4299 -- Southeast Asia: 5 Cities Vacation w/ToursSinorama Holidays
- $165 & up -- SC: 4-Star Hilton Head Island Resort, Save 40%The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa
- $53 & up -- Hotels in Mesa, Arizona up to 45% offVisit Mesa
- $899 & up -- Ends 10/24: Hawaii Cruises w/Onboard CreditNorwegian Cruise Line
- $233-$269 -- NYC: Times Square Hotel incl. Holidays, 35% OffThe Westin New York Times Square
- $239 & up -- Mediterranean Cruises incl. Italy & SpainNorwegian Cruise Line