News Stories Tagged bath
Author Rachel Joyce got to know the English countryside incredibly well while researching her recently released novel, The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry. Here's a guide to her favorite spots in the English countryside.
For a taste of ancient relaxation, visit the Roman Baths and Pump Room at Bath, England.
London is 2012's "it" spot, with its popularity booming as it hunkers down to host the Olympics and the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. As spectacular as the city is, however, it's a shame to be locked down within its limits: There's just too much to explore within easy day tripping-distance. Here are our picks for the best day trips from London—the ones Londoners themselves can't resist. They're primed for what the Brits call a "day return," but can easily be extended to include an overnight stay as part of a longer UK vacation.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 10 Things to Do in Orlando Besides Theme Parks
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit in 2015