News Stories Tagged bath
Author Rachel Joyce got to know the English countryside incredibly well while researching her recently released novel, The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry. Here's a guide to her favorite spots in the English countryside.
For a taste of ancient relaxation, visit the Roman Baths and Pump Room at Bath, England.
London is 2012's "it" spot, with its popularity booming as it hunkers down to host the Olympics and the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. As spectacular as the city is, however, it's a shame to be locked down within its limits: There's just too much to explore within easy day tripping-distance. Here are our picks for the best day trips from London—the ones Londoners themselves can't resist. They're primed for what the Brits call a "day return," but can easily be extended to include an overnight stay as part of a longer UK vacation.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- Fall 2014 Guide to Washington, D.C.
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo
- $139 -- Luxe Colorado Resort incl. Parking, 50% OffWestin Riverfront Resort & Spa at Beaver Creek Mountain
- $9.95 & up -- Rental Cars across the United StatesHotwire.com
- $137* & up -- Nationwide Flight Sale on American, R/TAmerican Airlines
- $125 & up -- Vancouver Stanley Park Hotel, 40% OffThe Westin Bayshore Vancouver
- $1705 & up -- Costa Rica 8-Nt. Eco-Adventure incl. AirGreat Value Vacations
- $165 & up -- SC: 4-Star Hilton Head Island Resort, Save 40%The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa