News Stories Tagged bath
Author Rachel Joyce got to know the English countryside incredibly well while researching her recently released novel, The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry. Here's a guide to her favorite spots in the English countryside.
For a taste of ancient relaxation, visit the Roman Baths and Pump Room at Bath, England.
London is 2012's "it" spot, with its popularity booming as it hunkers down to host the Olympics and the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. As spectacular as the city is, however, it's a shame to be locked down within its limits: There's just too much to explore within easy day tripping-distance. Here are our picks for the best day trips from London—the ones Londoners themselves can't resist. They're primed for what the Brits call a "day return," but can easily be extended to include an overnight stay as part of a longer UK vacation.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Things Not to Do at Walt Disney World
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- America's Most Scenic Roads
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- World's Best Fashion Museums
- San Francisco's 15 Best Views
- Long Weekend in Bar Harbor | Fodor's
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago | Fodor's
- Ultimate Guide to Vienna's Coffee Renaissance
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- $249 -- Weekends at Downtown LA 4-Star Hotel, Save $100JW Marriott Los Angeles L.A. LIVE
- $169 & up -- Caribbean: St. Maarten 4-Star Resort, Save 55%Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten
- $9.95 & up -- Rental Cars across the United StatesHotwire.com
- $107-$149 -- Weekends at Dallas 4-Diamond Hotel, Save 50%Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria
- $850* & up -- Global Sale on 5-Star Airline, R/T incl. TaxQatar Airways
- $4467* & up -- Business Fares for 2 on 5-Star Airline (O/W)ASAP Tickets