News Stories Tagged bars pubs
In Spain, the gin and tonic (called "gin tonics") is an art form with carefully chosen gin and small-batch tonics often prepared table-side. Indulge in this can't-miss cocktail at these five Madrid hot spots.
Chicago is a food-lover's town that expertly mixes the high with the low (deep-dish pizza, meet grass-fed beef tartare). So we did our homework and found the top spots to snag a table in the Windy City now.
We know you don't need a glass of wine on your way to visit your loved ones this holiday season. We wrote this for your friend. Tell your friend to plan his or her layovers accordingly.
Beer gardens have been popping up across the country lately, but some are better than others. These choice gardens have quality food, tons of beers on tap, and long wooden benches to spare.
With the hit TV show Portlandia gaining a cult following, the City of Roses has been thrust into the national spotlight. With an ever-growing coffee, beer, and food scene, this Pacific Northwest gem is now known as so much more than just a city with pretty flowers. Read on for our roundup of recently opened establishments in Portland, Oregon, worth checking out on your next visit here.
To distinguish the real gold from the sparkling pyrite, look for a qualified bar staff (a uniform of white shirt and black trousers is a good sign), at least one man over sixty drinking at the bar (he should know the good bars by now, right?), no TV, and no recorded music (a pub is a place to talk).
It’s impossible to think of Dublin without also thinking of its 1,000 or so "public houses." These are what give Dublin so much of its character, and they’re largely to blame for the fierce loyalty Dublin inspires among locals and visitors. It was hard research, but here are our favorite 6 pubs in Dublin.
Whether you're a foodie, a partier, a music lover, an art aficionado, or an antiques hunter, there's something for you in New Orleans—just let go and "laissez les bons temps roulez," or "let the good times roll!"
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now | Fodor's
- 13 Family-Friendly Hotels for Your Next Big Vacation
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally | Fodor's
- 15 Jaw-Dropping Hotels in the Caribbean
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- Fall Travel: 5 Essentials for a Hudson Valley Escape | Fodor's
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- $119-$159 -- 4-Star Houston Hotel at the Galleria, Save 55%The Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria
- $139-$162 -- 4-Star Phoenix-Area Resort incl. WeekendsSheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa
- $3084* & up -- Premium Economy to New Zealand from LA, R/TAir New Zealand
- $939 & up -- Jamaica: Montego Bay Riu Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $99 & up -- Sonoma County Hotel Sale, up to 50% OffSonoma County Tourism
- $265 & up -- Riviera Maya: Uninhibited Adults-Only ResortHidden Beach Resort