News Stories Tagged bars
Get ready to discover the country's next up-and-coming wine region: Door County, Wisconsin. (Yes, Wisconsin.) Working with cold-climate grapes has paid off, so visit now before everyone else does.
There are amazing bars all across the US, but we've collected 10 that play host to some more interesting patrons than you'll find anywhere else—ghosts, spirits, and shades. Pull up a bar-stool, grab a drink, and try not break into a cold sweat as you imbibe with the dearly departed!
Craft beers and artisanal cocktails have replaced overpriced hotel bar and Staples Center drinks in Downtown LA. Discover the best of the best with our well-curated cheat sheet.
Chef Damaris Phillips' sunny Southern charm and cooking made her a Food Network Star, so this Louisville local was our go-to source for the low-down on food and fun in Kentucky's metropolis.
What pairs better with a glass of wine than an open-air patio and a stunning view? We criss-crossed the country to find the wine bars that give new meaning to the word 'alfresco'.
Just answer this: Why saunter into a bar when you can swim up to one? Hotels across the country have installed bars in their pools to provide you with cocktails without having to, ya know, dry off.
Honolulu's food and drink scene is having a major renaissance right now. So we turned to author Kristiana Kahakauwila for her insider tips on where to eat, drink, and get a taste of old Hawaii.
We all know its coming; the season finale of Mad Men is imminent. Instead of mourning the loss, take a self-guided tour of the NYC locales in the show (and the ones that should be).
Rene Redzepi, of international and cult-status fame for his award-winning restaurant Noma, mapped out his favorite food and drink spots in Copenhagen for us. And now we're sharing it with you.
In Spain, the gin and tonic (called "gin tonics") is an art form with carefully chosen gin and small-batch tonics often prepared table-side. Indulge in this can't-miss cocktail at these five Madrid hot spots.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- Incredible Private Pools at 7 Worldwide Hotels
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $849 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays