News Stories Tagged barcelona
Before you book a hotel in Barcelona, consider apartment rentals as an alternative lodging option.
At the Museu Picasso, Diumenges al Picasso (Sundays at the Picasso Museum) offers Sunday morning performances in the museum ranging from classical music to clowns.
Apartment rentals in Barcelona, Spain, offer savings over hotels. They're also often in neighborhoods local Barcelonins live in, so they have plenty of grocery stores and inexpensive restaurant options.
While traveling in Barcelona, using a few Catalan phrases will give you a much warmer reception than the usual Spanish. A friendly "bon dia" (good day) goes a long way.
There are so many ways to eat well in Barcelona that are also inexpensive: tapas, wine bars, and cafés are all terrific options. And don't forget to capitalize on a big, less expensive lunch to save money at dinnertime.
If you’re considering a European getaway to a city where biking everywhere is the norm, digging into organic food is promoted, and recycling is expected, consider the following eco-friendly options.
The year 2011 is almost upon us so we've rounded up nine cities around the globe that celebrate the New Year with style. Find your perfect party, from family-friendly affairs to all-night debauchery to classic celebrations.
From Boston's Freedom Trail to La Rambla in Barcelona, walking tours are a perfect way to explore a city. Now your iPhone can double as a tour guide with 10 downloadable Fodor's walking tours each available for $1.99 at EveryTrail. You'll get turn-by-turn directions plus everything you need to know about great places to stop along the way.
Barcelona is in the same league as other major European destinations in terms of cost. And depending on where the euro is (at this writing 1 euro = about 1.23 U.S. dollars), that exchange rate can take a bite. But remember that there are such things as discounts, and if you can live like a local you save like a local.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- World's 10 Best Trips for Wine Lovers
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 20 Gorgeous Seaside Towns in Italy
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $2649 & up -- Panama Canal 13-Day Cruise w/Balcony CabinCarnival Cruise Lines
- $769 & up -- 4-Night Riviera Maya Escape w/Air, $200 OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $209 & up -- Manhattan Westin near Grand Central, Reg. $450The Westin New York Grand Central
- $96 & up -- San Diego Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $39 & up -- Amtrak: One-Way Northeast Fares, 25% OffAmtrak
- $185-$265 -- San Francisco 4-Star Hotel, 50% OffWestin St. Francis