News Stories Tagged barcelona
Few parts of the world rival Barcelona and its surrounds for richness of food, wine, culture, and scenery. See (and taste) it all on this perfect food-lover's road trip through Basque country.
Just because this sensuous Mediterranean city epitomizes Catalonian cool doesn't mean it's unsuitable for traveling con niños.
When Hollywood came calling, these 10 hotels were ready for their close-ups. So unless you're bosom buddies with Meryl, these hotels are the closest you'll get to big screen stars.
Like the rest of Spain (and, really Europe), Barcelona lights up during the holidays with festive displays and tasty treats that abound. But there's one Catalan tradition that may surprise (and delight?) you.
Barcelona is filled to the brim with things to see, do, and eat, but so are the towns that surround it. Get a stunning change of scenery on one of these choice day trips from the city.
The exclusive, jetsetter-friendly Soho House has announced five new houses in their international expansion, set to open over the next two years. We hope the world is ready for this kind of luxury.
Be sure to check the concert schedule at the cathedral of Santa Maria del Mar in advance to reserve tickets.
Putting in the time to peruse stands at local markets can certainly unearth some winning on-the-road finds, though it often seems that most vendors are selling the same forgettable tchotchkes. The best place to search out memorable, quality items tied to your travels is oftentimes found in museum gift shops. Since you likely already plan to wander the halls of a local museum or two, tacking on a stop in the gift shop could easily take care of your souvenir needs in one easy shot. You’ll definitely want to spend a bit of time—and money—in our five favorite museum gift shops, outlined below.
Before you book a hotel in Barcelona, consider apartment rentals as an alternative lodging option.
At the Museu Picasso, Diumenges al Picasso (Sundays at the Picasso Museum) offers Sunday morning performances in the museum ranging from classical music to clowns.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Incredible Private Pools at 7 Worldwide Hotels
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $849 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays