News Stories Tagged bangkok
A really good film will take you places, sending you not just on an emotional or intellectual journey, but also transporting you to the film’s locale, thanks to its strong sense of place. From this year’s list of Academy Award-nominated films, travel takes a front-seat view, transporting you from the Hawaiian tropics to small-town Mississippi, and from exotic Bangkok to the old train stations of Paris and London. Read on for a roundup of some of this year's most transporting film locations.
If you're visiting Thailand for the first time, it could easily overwhelm you: it is has a diverse ecological landscape to navigate, many eons of complex culture and history to understand, and a highly evolved tourism industry to serve travelers of every kind. So what should you focus on when planning your trip? Here's what the experienced local writers suggested in Fodor's Thailand, one of our newest full-color titles.
If you only eat at upscale restaurants geared to foreigners, you'll miss out on the chili, fish sauce, and bright herbal flavors that define Thai cuisine. Even if you're picky, consider trying simple noodle dishes and skewered meats. Here's a top-five list of essential Thai street food dishes you should try.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- $269 -- Key Largo Waterfront Resort, 20% OffKey Largo Bay Marriott Beach Resort
- $79 & up -- New Orleans Hotel Sale up to 65% OffNew Orleans Convention and Visitors Bureau
- $3699 -- 7-Nt. All-Inclu. Caribbean Cruise w/Drinks & AirRegent Seven Seas Cruises
- $127* & up -- Cheap Flights to Portland, Ore. (R/T, w/Tax)Travel Portland
- $169 -- 4-Star Sheraton Times Square Holiday Sale, 40% OffStarwood Hotels and Resorts
- $719 & up -- Cancun: All-Incl. 'Riu' Trip w/Air & Spa CreditCheapCaribbean.com