News Stories Tagged bali
While an infinity-edge pool that glints under the sun is fabulous, nothing beats a private pool you need not share with other hotel guests. At these seven properties, enjoy a plunge pool to call your very own.
With metallic and bright color touches throughout, the design-, eco-, and luxury-conscious Luna2 Studios hotel will attract a whole new jet-set to Bali when it opens in September.
It's not called the "island of the gods" for nothing. And now Bali is home to a new beachfront hotel that puts guests in the lap of luxury while surrounded by the island's tropical beauty.
The many regions of Bali can make for a confusing planning process. So we did our homework (you're welcome) and came up with this starter kit to make sure you plan the perfect adventure.
Bali is the world's undisputed vacation paradise, with white sand beaches and turquoise waters, not to mention consistently magical sunsets. And now Starwood has opened their fifth resort on the island.
A 'to do' list in Bali looks like this: lazy breakfast, bike ride to the beach, afternoon surfing lesson, sunset cocktails, repeat. Sounds taxing. To help, we found the best of those sunset cocktails.
As soon as you've climbed out of that white dress, it's time for sleeping in and lazing about with your better half. You've chosen the destination, now figure out what to wear.
The tropical Indonesian archipelago, with its 17,508 isles spilling over with pristine beaches, lush vegetation, vibrant villages, and stuck-in-time temples, is primed for a seafaring discovery. The burgeoning port of Bali serves as the most prominent cruise ship call in the region: Read on for a roundup of five top Bali cruise vacations.
Looking for last-minute getaways that won’t break the bank? You can give in to the impulse, as these six sites make it easy for the wallet-conscious to travel like a spontaneous globe-trotter.
For years, Bali was a backpacker’s dream but now the Indonesian island is all grown up. From Ubud to Seminyak, we've got the inside scoop on the best yoga, beaches, surfing, spas, restaurants, and hotels—plus when to go and how to get here.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $2385 & up -- Italy: 5-Night Rome Escape w/Air & ToursSceptre Tours
- $707 & up -- Panama Canal & Beach 6-Nt. w/Air & HotelsTripMasters.com
- $179-$197 -- NYC: Weekends at 4-Star Downtown HotelSheraton New York Tribeca
- $1029* -- Fly Nonstop to Fiji from West Coast, R/T incl. TaxFiji Airways
- $599 & up -- Cabo 4-Nt. All-Inclusive Escape w/Air, Half OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $379 & up -- Exotic Canary Islands & Morocco Cruise w/ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line