News Stories Tagged bahamas
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike. Use our weekend itinerary to plan your next beach getaway.
It's not hard to find bliss in sunshine and warm breezes, particularly when you've made a fast retreat from winter's frosty edge. But there are places in this world where stays take you beyond bliss. Here are a dozen properties—some splurges and some saves—in beautiful, balmy settings where you'll be stretched and massaged, cocooned and cared for guilt free. In these places, you see, nurturing health and well-being, quieting the spirit, and pampering yourself are entirely the point.
It's not too late to book a festive Christmas cruise to the Caribbean! (And, not to worry: Santa and his trusty reindeer are sure to still find you wherever you may roam during the holidays.)
Here are 11 reasons to sit at your computer on Cyber Monday and click away in pursuit of your next beach vacation, with hotel specials from Del Mar, California, to the Dominican Republic, and beyond.
A babymoon in the Bahamas has one order of business: you must do absolutely nothing. Your options are breakfast on the balcony, lounging by the ocean, and sunset strolls on the beach.
Don't settle for a backyard barbecue this Memorial Day. Instead, grab your friends and head to the Bahamas for a three-, four-, or seven-night island itinerary.
Put down that umbrella drink. We've rounded up five totally unique activities you're missing out on in the Caribbean, from swimming with pigs to submarine tours.
The deck of a cruise ship isn't just a classic lounge spot - it's a way to show your kids the world. They'll find more than just a great pool on these six itineraries guaranteed to entertain kids of all ages.
Private island getaways in the Bahamas courtesy of Holland America Line just got better thanks to romantic beach villas, refreshed cabanas, and a new glass-bottom boat tour.
Disney Cruise Line broadens its Bahamas and Caribbean voyages for 2014 with ships home porting in Port Canaveral and Miami. Here's a look at their upcoming itineraries.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- 10 of Hemingway's Favorite Haunts
- Long Weekend in Lisbon
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- How to Renew Your Passport
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- Wine Lover's Guide to South Africa
- 8 Cooling Beauty Products for Beating the Heat
- How to Use Twitter to Rebook a Canceled Flight
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $309-$339 -- Suite at Waikiki Resort w/Beach Pkg., Save $200Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk
- $169 -- Downtown Dallas 4-Star Hotel, Save 25%Sheraton Dallas Hotel
- $105-135 -- 4-Star Phoenix-Area Resort incl. WeekendsSheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa
- $199 & up -- Seattle: 4-Star Downtown Hotel, Save 30%Sheraton Seattle Hotel
- $599 & up -- Ends 7/26: Alaska Cruise Sale w/Onboard SpendNorwegian Cruise Line
- $162-$167 -- New Dominican Republic Hotel incl. BreakfastSheraton Santo Domingo