News Stories Tagged avalon waterways
Waived single supplements, luxurious new ships, all-inclusive fares, and a variety of inventive new itineraries from Europe to Myanmar are the calling cards of the river cruise industry in 2014.
Unlock the secrets of the Amazon River with Avalon Waterways—think gray and pink dolphins; kingfishers and falcons; and tamarin monkeys. Onboard, think local wines and haute Peruvian cuisine.
In 2013, Avalon Waterways will introduce the "First Lady of the Mississippi"—the American Queen paddlewheel steamboat—to its river cruise fans.
Cruises definitely don't come in one-size-fits-all; pick the wrong one and you could be cursing the day you decided to cruise. Instead, match your travel style to one of these 7 topnotch cruises.
Curious about European river cruising? One little Rhine River itinerary with Avalon Waterways, and you'll be an believer. Floating past Medieval castles, wine glass in hand, anyone?
Wind along Europe's vast network of ancient waterways on riverboats and barges, ranging from low-key to opulent. Here are eight of the best that make intriguing and mouthwatering stops along the way.
Solo cruise travelers, take heed: Your ship has finally come in. For deal-savvy travelers who are looking to fly solo on their next cruise vacation, turn to single traveler-specialized travel agency Premier River Cruises.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- $1299 & up -- Ireland Tour: Dublin, Killarney & LimerickTourism Ireland
- $9 & up -- Holiday Gift Guide: Deals on 1000+ ExperiencesTravelzoo
- $69* & up -- Nationwide Fares on Award-Winning Airline, O/WVirgin America
- $779 & up -- 4-Nt. Riviera Maya Escape w/Resort Credit & AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $84 & up -- Atlanta Area Hotels on Sale through WinterStarwood Hotels & Resorts
- $19 & up -- Las Vegas Hotel & Resort Sale incl. ExtrasLasVegas.com