News Stories Tagged austria
Think Europe is best in the springtime? Think again. We've put together a fool-proof fall and holiday season week of sights, bites, and sips in Prague, Vienna, and Budapest.
The Palais Hansen Kempinski Vienna opened its doors last month for the first time since the 1873 World Exhibition, which it was built for. Now it boasts a modern spa, restaurants, and sleek interiors.
Despite what it may seem like, with its rich classical music and architectural roots, Vienna is an incredibly kid-friendly destination with tons of fun, interactive activities.
Art fanatics take note: Hotel Sans Souci will have you salivating as soon as you step through the doors. Think antique furnishings, modern art, and Vienna's nearby Museum Quarter.
Lined with historic cities and jewel-box villages, the Danube is just begging to be sailed down. So that's just what our cruise correspondent did—on a swank Scenic Diamond ship no less.
Let's start with tuxedos and a Viennese ball (in the summer!), move to dinner at Beethoven's house, and finally come face-to-face with an iconic artist. Vienna's magic was certainly not lost on us.
Fodor's editors are always traveling, and we love to share our favorite places and top finds. From kid-friendly restaurants in Paris to hike-in lodges in the Great Smoky Mountains, we've got plenty of recommendations. Read on to join our summer adventures!
With the dollar now at a multi-week high against a sinking euro, European travel is looking evermore affordable. And since Fodor's readers have just picked the best spots in Europe for Value in 2012, we’ve taken the top five choices—Spain, Austria, Ireland, Greece, and Belgium—and zeroed in on outstanding deals and attractions in each of them.
The results of our premier "Best of Europe" survey are in, and there are plenty of surprises, along with some predictable outcomes. As we expected, Fodorites are regular European travelers whose journeys take them far beyond the usual tourist track. Read on for more survey highlights.
Vienna has declared 2012 the year of Gustav Klimt, making it one of the best times ever to view the work of this celebrated Austrian painter, whose arresting portraits and lush landscapes are on public view from New York to Vienna.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- Top 10 State Fairs in the U.S.
- How to Renew Your Passport
- Long Weekend in Lisbon
- 10 of Hemingway's Favorite Haunts
- How to Use Twitter to Rebook a Canceled Flight
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- Wine Lover's Guide to South Africa
- Car Lover's Guide to Germany
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1471* & up -- Fly to Australia from the West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand
- $449 & up -- 5-Night Caribbean Cruise on CelebrityAmerican Express Travel
- $3599 -- Suite: 10-Nt. Award-Winning Asia Cruise on WindstarWindstar Cruises
- $2009 -- Sydney & Brisbane 6-Night Vacation w/Air, $325 OffDelta Vacations
- $309-$339 -- Suite at Waikiki Resort w/Beach Pkg., Save $200Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk
- $57 & up -- Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Suite w/Daily BreakfastPalace Resort