News Stories Tagged australia
We are excited to bring you an exclusive, Fodors.com-only deal at one of the most stunning and secluded hotels in Australia—the Southern Ocean Lodge on Kangaroo Island. Take a look.
Set to open in the iconic Sydney building that once housed Gowings department store and the State Theater, the QT Sydney is Design Hotels's latest sleek, vibrant property worldwide.
From Spirit Airlines' much-hated announcement this week to Karl Lagerfeld's chic take on a hotel pool, here are the top headlines we're reading this morning.
Nothing beats a getaway with the girls, whether you hit a nearby foodie haven like Portland for the weekend or make it a far-flung jaunt to scope out the big five in Kenya or sip champagne in Australia.
It might not be the top reason to splurge on a first-class plane ticket, but scoring one of the luxury amenity kits that get handed out in that exclusive cabin is certainly a perk. Here's a rundown on four of the best airline kits, brimming with enough indulgent goodies to make even an extra-long flight extremely comfortable.
Emerge from the long winter with a wellness-inspired pick-me-up—set out for a rejuvenating getaway with one of these 10 best spa trips around the globe. From mountain escapes in the forests of New Hampshire and New York to traditional Thai massages in exotic Bangkok to a Great Barrier Reef-neighboring oasis Down Under (and beyond), our list of top spa trips offers a variety of tempting destinations wide and far that are primed for some well-deserved R & R.
From chic new hotels to can't-miss art events, the season's top destinations are blossoming with fresh experiences. Whether you'd like to revel in the music at Prague's spring music festival, taste wines near the vines in Paso Robles, or mingle with Tuscan locals before the summer crowds arrive, these trips are sure to brighten your season.
The prospect of traveling with children can indeed seem daunting, sometimes so much so that the very idea of it keeps families from leaving home altogether. Rest assured, there's hope out there yet for your next kids-inclusive vacation, thanks to these 10 family-friendly hotels that offer plenty of fun for the kiddies, without skimping on the amenities for adults.
Reading trip reports from other travelers can be an invaluable resource for planning your next vacation. They're often great for gathering information on topics such as what to expect when you land, where to find top hotels and the best under-the-radar restaurants, and when to book ahead for must-do activities. Essentially, it's all about the experience of what worked—and perhaps even more importantly, what didn't.
Many travelers head up to Australia's Great Barrier Reef, but the region north of Cairns offers a chance to experience tropical rain forests and Aboriginal culture. Take the cable ferry across the Daintree River, and you'll see a spectacular part of the country that most casual visitors miss.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- $139-$159 -- 4-Star San Diego Hotel incl. Holidays, 50% OffThe Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
- $20 & up -- Arizona Tour, Spa, Golf & Dining Deals, 70% OffVisit Arizona
- $2583* & up -- Fly to Australia in Premium Economy, R/TAir New Zealand
- $8.55 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com
- $2499 -- China: 13-Nt. Trip w/River Cruise & Air, $1000 OffSinorama Holidays
- $1999 -- China: Last Minute Luxe Yangtze River Cruise w/AirSinorama Holidays