News Stories Tagged australia
If you have favorite beaches on Maui, Jamaica, and St. Barths, it's time you escaped to lesser-known isles. From the Cook Islands to Maine, these are the best of the islands you haven't been to.
Rugged and remote, the Australian Outback is not for the faint of heart. But for those willing to put in a little work, what you'll find is all reward—stunning backdrops and fantastic adventures.
We've gathered the best of the best in all-inclusive hospitality just for you. Check out our picks from Tasmania to Alaska and everything in between!
Angling for a sojourn Down Under this winter? Well, you better know what to wear. Sydney's burgeoning fashion scene is no joke, so take a serious gander at our fashion picks for day and night.
It used to be that camping was just tents, s'mores, and the great outdoors. Now, there are tons of plush glamping destinations around the world, like these worthy splurges and reasonable saves.
North America may be slow on the bike sharing uptake, but the rest of the world has already fallen for its charm and convenience. Here, a roundup of many cities where bike sharing is well under way.
Sydney has a plush new landing pad—QT Sydney. The chic, colorful hotel honors the building's former tenant (Gowings department store) with its Gowings Bar & Grill, just one of a few choice eateries within.
A partnership was announced yesterday between Qantas and Emirates, effectively ending Qantas' long relationship with British Airways. The move means greater convenience and other benefits for travelers.
Back by popular demand, Cunard's Queen Mary 2 will circumnavigate Australia in February 2014. The ship will stop in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane (among other ports), and will make a bonus stop in Bali.
We are excited to bring you an exclusive, Fodors.com-only deal at one of the most stunning and secluded hotels in Australia—the Southern Ocean Lodge on Kangaroo Island. Take a look.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- Where to Eat in Orlando Now
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $209 & up -- Baja Mexico 3-Day Carnival CruiseCarnival Cruise Lines
- $399 & up -- Alaska 7-Night Cruises w/ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1799 & up -- Melbourne & Sydney 8-Nt. Trip w/Air, Save $760Goway Travel
- $155-$199 -- 4-Star San Diego Hotel incl. WeekendsThe Westin San Diego
- $865 & up -- Waikiki: Moana Surfrider 3-Nt. Stay w/Air & CarPleasant Holidays
- $769 & up -- 4-Night Riviera Maya Escape w/Air, $200 OffCheapCaribbean.com